• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Question

I've never been lost, I have been confused for a couple hours in the dark at Ft. Stewart, that being said I do carry a lighter and water with me. Once I got stuck burned my winch up, had no cell phone service this was between squirrel and turkey season, I was the only person in the e areas. As planned my wife hadn't heard from me by 9pm she called game wardens they found me at 1100 pm sitting by a fire in the middle of the road eating Vienna sausage drinking vitamin water. Lesson learned bought a better winch and switched to a cell phone with service where I need it.

I don't carry a pack. I do have the means to start a fire, a compass, cord and a light, and a big knife. And now, usually a bottle of water or two.

I have a means of starting a fire in every vehicle, tackle box, tool box, and anything else I can find to put it in.

Saw in the other thread questions about the size of the tract.

We had 400 acres. A few years ago, some "civilians" decided to hike through it. Between the briers and planted pines, they got turned around and couldn't get out, even though one boundary is a major creek and another a county road. Took the Sheriff and DNR to find them and get them out.

I will admit that twice I was duck hunting in the Altamaha River swamp near Ludowici, and I shared Daniel Boone's experience of being confused for several hours. Spent one night in the boat in the middle of the swamp because I couldn't find the river, biggest river in Georgia, less than a 1/4 mile away. Course, no GPS. In winter when everthing is gray, and you can't see the sun, it's really easy to get turned around, and back in the swamp not much high ground to walk out on.
Lol!!! Sounded like the hillbillies in Deliverence....."It's only the biggest G.D. river in the state."

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom