• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting scope recommendations needed

Bennyboy

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   0
Reaction score
Alright gents, I need opinions on these hunting scopes. My criteria are: 1inch tube and a 40-44mm objective. I HATE finicky eyeboxes and want something that is “set it and forget it” so no need for dial-able turrets and whatnot. Lighter the better. Will be going on a new Ruger M77 Hawkeye (stainless/synthetic).

I’ve narrowed it down to the following but more options are welcome:

Meopta Optika5 2-10x42-$399
Leupold VX3HD 3.5-10x40-$499
Trijicon Credo 3-9x40-$499
Swarovski Z3 3-10x42-$769

Let’s say $800 max.

This scope doesn't have the size objective you're looking for, but since you said the lighter the better it could be a another option to consider.

There is a sale right now but they are backorders. Two reticle options, both in 2.5-10x32.

I put an order in for the bdc version earlier today, going to top off my Savage 223 Lightweight Hunter bolt action with it.

Only weighs 9.5 oz.

This scope doesn't have the size objective you're looking for, but since you said the lighter the better it could be a another option to consider.

There is a sale right now but they are backorders. Two reticle options, both in 2.5-10x32.

I put an order in for the bdc version earlier today, going to top off my Savage 223 Lightweight Hunter bolt action with it.

Only weighs 9.5 oz.

^ this 100% this scope is so nice. The BDC reticle design is amazing as well. Extremely simple, not cluttered, and easy to use. SWFA is also know for being insanely tough scopes.

Back
Top Bottom