• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting the line

Well I walked down the West Side with my neighbor and marked our line and corners today. Then I decided to mark (paint to keep fresh) the corners on the East side of the original property I bought and the West corner of the second tract.
The left side of the photo (in front of stand is mine) , right side of photo (behind ) is hunting club.
The tree its in is either on mine or on line.

What possesses someone on a 334 acre lease to hunt the neighbors property?
I'd say he be huntin that cutover

View attachment 2939934

I’ve got the same issues with some of my neighbors. I feel your pain and frustration.
F9h.gif

That’s a tree lounge. It sets up facing away from the tree. Climbs facing the tree. He is clearly hunting the cut over. If you own 1/2 the tree then the HC leases the other 1/2 right? You said you were out marking your line, so obviously it wasn’t clearly marked before. I’m sure the guy knew he was close to the line, but now that you vandalized what could have been the timber company’s tree with your pretty spray paint I’m sure he will move it. Geez...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a tree lounge. It sets up facing away from the tree. Climbs facing the tree. He is clearly hunting the cut over. If you own 1/2 the tree then the HC leases the other 1/2 right? You said you were out marking your line, so obviously it wasn’t clearly marked before. I’m sure the guy knew he was close to the line, but now that you vandalized what could have been the timber company’s tree with your pretty spray paint I’m sure he will move it. Geez...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW Alice vandalized? The paint now marks the line!

BTW for anyone with one eye and half sense if your unsure where the line is , move further into your property.

The cutover is mine.

It’s my tree.

Back
Top Bottom