• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting the line

This is what sours hunting for me. To many pos hunters breaking or bending the laws, poaching, stealing or vandalizing. I hunt to get away and relax, but it just isn’t relaxing with all the scum bags out there hunting. Even in my neighborhood we have poachers shooting at deer with guns. There isn’t an acre around here that isn’t built up. Hope they all reap what they sow.

Put a chain and lock across the road they enter on your property and tell them that they can't use it due to illegal hunters using it also. Make sure it has no hunting, no trespassing signs on the chain. Should get the point across quick when the rest of them come to hunt and are locked out. When they ask why, tell them someone is putting stands on your property and it is in areas that you use and are afraid of being shot at. Shouldn't take long for them to get in touch with you and get it resolved.

Put a chain and lock across the road they enter on your property and tell them that they can't use it due to illegal hunters using it also. Make sure it has no hunting, no trespassing signs on the chain. Should get the point across quick when the rest of them come to hunt and are locked out. When they ask why, tell them someone is putting stands on your property and it is in areas that you use and are afraid of being shot at. Shouldn't take long for them to get in touch with you and get it resolved.

I like the way that you roll Allsmiles Allsmiles

This is what sours hunting for me. To many pos hunters breaking or bending the laws, poaching, stealing or vandalizing. I hunt to get away and relax, but it just isn’t relaxing with all the scum bags out there hunting. Even in my neighborhood we have poachers shooting at deer with guns. There isn’t an acre around here that isn’t built up. Hope they all reap what they sow.

Have you tried shooting a bow out of a truck window? It’s not easy plus you know bubba never misses with his trusty old 30/30 :lol:

When they have to walk in it will get old fast !

Seems like the club needs to boot this guy and be done with it !

Well technically they have to walk across my property so yes its an issue for someone.

Just color within the lines on your page and everything is OK.

Had a poacher sneaking in a creek bottom of ours to hunt. He would leave his climber at the base of the tree then cover it up with branches and leaves. Mr brother and I took one of our climbing stands and he got about 35-40 feet up above it and pulled both pieces up to him. He tossed a smaller rope up as high as he could, then sucked this dudes stand up above him even higher. Tied the little rope off and climbed down. That stand was hanging from a branch about the size of your wrist every bit of 50 feet off the ground.
A couple weeks later there was a note in my brothers mail box that said-WELL PLAYED. COULD YOU PLEASE GET MY STAND DOWN FOR ME AND I PROMISE TO NEVER HUNT ON YOUR PROPERTY AGAIN.
We never did take it down. Branch finally broke a few years later and that stand still lays there today. We call that area The Hang’em High Penthouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom