• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting with Silencers/suppressors

SilencerGuy

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
0   0
Reaction score
39 states allow hunting with silencers. Why doesn't Georgia? I have two pre-teen kids that enjoy shooting and hunting, but you know they don't put earplugs in right and keeping ear muffs around that fit then is near impossible it's just better to use a silencer. No one uses earplugs while hunting anyway. just easier.

Hunting with suppressors is legal in GA

This is off E-Regulations webpage

ab55e33d11d6c8b83b970e9c09be800c.jpg

Link

As allsmiles mentioned - always check zero with the suppressor because point of impact shift is a factor with most cans.

Also I like to use ear pro with my suppressed setups because most good hunting rounds with high power rifle calibers are supersonic and will still leave my ears ringing even with the can. I haven’t found any subsonic ammo that I feel comfortable using to harvest game.

I've been using mine for several years. I wouldn't go without it, if I had a choice. Just remember to zero your rifle with the suppressor and hunting ammo as POI can be several inches different.
Tell me about it!! I was using one can with a QD mount at the range. I would fire three rounds, re-clock the silencer, fire three more round, re-clock the silencer and fire the final three rounds. I couldn't hit a fat man at 50 feet!! If I'm spending the kind of cash it takes to get a silencer, I'm going to get one that minimizes or eliminates the point of impact shift.

Tell me about it!! I was using one can with a QD mount at the range. I would fire three rounds, re-clock the silencer, fire three more round, re-clock the silencer and fire the final three rounds. I couldn't hit a fat man at 50 feet!! If I'm spending the kind of cash it takes to get a silencer, I'm going to get one that minimizes or eliminates the point of impact shift.

Something is wrong with your setup. Have your rifle -suppressor combo checked.

Back
Top Bottom