• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HVAC Unit. Repair leak or replace?

Give me a call tomorrow.

Thanks, had the unit replaced last week. Got 3 bids and ultimately went with Cool Masters in Lawrenceville. Carrier factory authorized dealer and lots of positive reviews. Very pleased with the work. It was between them and Patterson but Cool Masters could do the work 3 days sooner so that was the deciding factor.

Earlier today.

20190806_175306.jpg
20190806_175411.jpg

I just replaced one of my units 2 weeks ago. 4 Ton Trane unit with a 10-year manufacturer warranty. I had to Replaced a 25 year old Trane. The unit is in a crawl space that I cleaned out and fully encapsulated when I bought the house 7 years ago.

Probably could have save more on misc parts and labor, but this was the cheapest quote I got from a recommended, quality installer. (2 quotes came in at $7100 and $8000)

AC unit.PNG

I just replaced one of my units 2 weeks ago. 4 Ton Trane unit with a 10-year manufacturer warranty. I had to Replaced a 25 year old Trane. The unit is in a crawl space that I cleaned out and fully encapsulated when I bought the house 7 years ago.

Probably could have save more on misc parts and labor, but this was the cheapest quote I got from a recommended, quality installer. (2 quotes came in at $7100 and $8000)

View attachment 2226198
Should have called @captdave77 You could have got it done for even less.

View attachment 2226198

$7100 or $8000 is insane for just a condenser and coil. $5100 is about right for a 4 ton though still a little high for a Trane.

Replaced my system last week. My old one was 25yrs old. Over the years few things went wrong with and I always was able to repair it myself. Couple fan relays, fan timer board, ignition module, replace flapper and clean flame sensor. That is bout it. Guy said I wont be working on this one. He has an app on his phone that gives him a code like your car. He said contacts and capacitors would be about all I could do myself. New one has a 2 stage compressor and variable speed fan. When It kicks on in the day, when it gets hot, it never shuts off till the sun goes down. Runs a lot but It is supposed to be more energy efficient?

Back
Top Bottom