• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HVAC Unit. Repair leak or replace?

Better if it runs more, takes humidity out of the air.
Yep, I know you dont want to oversize but this one will reach the set temp and keep running. I am used to them shutting off. I wonder how the heat will work? It does a great job maintaining the set temp. It is an Amana/Goodman furnace

I ha
Seems like a relatively short lifespan for a major system. :tsk:

I use good filters and change them every couple of months. I opened up the evap coil panel and clean as a whistle on both sides. Condenser fins stay clean. Luck of the draw I guess?? Its the upstairs unit so I suppose its working a lot harder than downstairs. Plus its in the scorching hot and humid attic. How people get systems that last 20-30 years I don’t understand. Anyhow, thanks.
ve the original Coleman unit that was installed in my house in 1972 still cranking away. Replaced the furnace parts and blower but still puttin out cold air. Nothin beats old ****!!

Seems like a relatively short lifespan for a major system. :tsk:

I use good filters and change them every couple of months. I opened up the evap coil panel and clean as a whistle on both sides. Condenser fins stay clean. Luck of the draw I guess?? Its the upstairs unit so I suppose its working a lot harder than downstairs. Plus its in the scorching hot and humid attic. How people get systems that last 20-30 years I don’t understand. Anyhow, thanks.

Been a HVAC service tech for 27+years they do not build them like they used to everything is cheap massed produced if you get 12 yrs out of it that's about as good as it gets also remember the old saying you get what you pay for don't buy cheap because that is what you get.

Back
Top Bottom