• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hybrid Electric

We keep batting around the idea of trading my wife's Pilot for a plug in hybrid/hybrid/electric. She doesn't drive a whole lot just to work and back and thats about to end. I fill her car up every two weeks at around 60-70/fill up. She likes her moms Highlander Hyrid, but justifying the cost right now is hard. Me on the other hand fill up at least twice a week. The 5.7 Hemi is a thirsty motor, almost regret trading my Ram in with the 3.6 Pentastar. Wish I could order a base model Ford Lightning with the extended range batteries, but that option isn't available.

We keep batting around the idea of trading my wife's Pilot for a plug in hybrid/hybrid/electric. She doesn't drive a whole lot just to work and back and thats about to end. I fill her car up every two weeks at around 60-70/fill up. She likes her moms Highlander Hyrid, but justifying the cost right now is hard. Me on the other hand fill up at least twice a week. The 5.7 Hemi is a thirsty motor, almost regret trading my Ram in with the 3.6 Pentastar. Wish I could order a base model Ford Lightning with the extended range batteries, but that option isn't available.
I used to have a 5.7 Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee AWD and it’s the only vehicle I’ve ever owned that I believe you had to give it gas to go downhill.

I’ve been looking into keeping my paid for 4Runner and getting one of the Lexus RX hybrids. I think it gets about 2x the mileage of my truck right now. Still need something to tow our little boat with, and the 4Runner fits that bill quite well.

Does anyone have information on what the monthly cost for electricity is for the plug in model electric vehicles? How do you compare costs with gas models on the similar models to know if its a good investment to buy electric? If it runs out of a charge while traveling and you are on the side of the road with no charging stations nearby, how do get a charge to get home? You can tell I know absolutely NOTHING about these electric vehicles.

Does anyone have information on what the monthly cost for electricity is for the plug in model electric vehicles? How do you compare costs with gas models on the similar models to know if its a good investment to buy electric? If it runs out of a charge while traveling and you are on the side of the road with no charging stations nearby, how do get a charge to get home? You can tell I know absolutely NOTHING about these electric vehicles.
I don't know the monthly cost, but you can bet a large road tax will be added to everyone's electric bill if the daily use of petrol powered vehicles drops significantly.

Back
Top Bottom