• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hybrid Electric

Naw, I know where a couple are in Georgia right now. They are 10k over sticker, but they are there.
Hmm, I'm gonna send you a pm when I'm not upside down on my jeep. I barely ever drive 10 miles from my house so that 30-40 mile range before using gas would be sweet.

I can pull out of my office in Atlanta with a Prius with a full tank and drive all the way to Tybee island, run around Savannah for a few hours, and drive back to my office in Atlanta. The only time I buy gas is when I get back to the office. Every time, 8 gallons.
I can't believe I'm considering a prius now.

I bought my wife a RAV4 Hybrid for Christmas, we found a couple Prime models, but they were few and far between. It’s been getting 42mpg.
My Jeep gets 13 miles to the gallon you can practically watch the gas gauge on the 15 gallon tank drop.

But I love the Jeep so I'm torn even if it is a bumpy shaky ride. And for the love of all that is holy don't hit a water puddle at speed or you will fish tail off the road. I thought I'd be clever one day and wash some dirt off the side of the Jeep by driving through a water puddle at around 40 mph. I nearly lost control but It turned out ok. Now I avoid driving in the rain.

She really wanted the Prime model, but every one we found was a XE model or lower. We got the SXE fully loaded and it’s pretty cool. The way we looked at it was they wanted $10k more for the plug in model and it goes 43 miles on a full charge. With her getting almost that per gallon and a full charge equating to about $1.30 in gas, even with the tax credit, we would have to fully charge the battery roughly 5 times per work week for nearly 5 years to break even.

She really wanted the Prime model, but every one we found was a XE model or lower. We got the SXE fully loaded and it’s pretty cool. The way we looked at it was they wanted $10k more for the plug in model and it goes 43 miles on a full charge. With her getting almost that per gallon and a full charge equating to about $1.30 in gas, even with the tax credit, we would have to fully charge the battery roughly 5 times per work week for nearly 5 years to break even.

We ended up buying her another Escape. Her last two cars were Escape Titaniums, and after 10 years of having a fully loaded, glass roof, leather seats, turbocharged little SUV, the Rav 4 just seemed outdated and gutless to her.

She was all gung ho about the Rav4 too, right up until we went to look at a used 2019 Rav4 Adventure at the Ford dealership. She drove the Rav4 and then immediately got inside a brand new SEL Escape. That was all it took, she never gave the Rav4 another look.

I know that little Toyota will be running down the road on it's original plugs and transmission fluid with 450k miles while the Escape has been long recycled into soup cans sitting in Bypass Bypass 's bunker, but she generally doesn't keep cars more than 8 years or so, so I don't really think it will be an issue. At the end of the day it came down to the Escape was a much more enjoyable driving experience, and if I was going to drop 35k+ on a little SUV for the wife, it was going to be something she would enjoy driving.

Did I mention the Rav4 is GUTLESS and outdated?

We ended up buying her another Escape. Her last two cars were Escape Titaniums, and after 10 years of having a fully loaded, glass roof, leather seats, turbocharged little SUV, the Rav 4 just seemed outdated and gutless to her.

She was all gung ho about the Rav4 too, right up until we went to look at a used 2019 Rav4 Adventure at the Ford dealership. She drove the Rav4 and then immediately got inside a brand new SEL Escape. That was all it took, she never gave the Rav4 another look.

I know that little Toyota will be running down the road on it's original plugs and transmission fluid with 450k miles while the Escape has been long recycled into soup cans sitting in Bypass Bypass 's bunker, but she generally doesn't keep cars more than 8 years or so, so I don't really think it will be an issue. At the end of the day it came down to the Escape was a much more enjoyable driving experience, and if I was going to drop 35k+ on a little SUV for the wife, it was going to be something she would enjoy driving.

I think I'll stick with my Jeep then. It may get ****ty gas milage but it is unstoppable until the check engine light comes on LOL Which has never happened knock on wood.

I purchased it 6 months ago with 23500 miles it now has 23800 LOL

Lol. Yeah, we looked at the Ford, but she said it was ugly and the resale value sucked.

Back
Top Bottom