• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Absolutely HATE eBay!!

Janedoedad

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Been selling on eBay off and on for 15 years or so, never an issue with listing or anything else.

Listed a set of parts stripped from a cheap pistol, parts being worth more than the whole. (Note: Had three listings of the same type, just different brands of pistol.)

Two listing sold with no problem, the third listing was removed with their reasoning being that not all of the parts were specifically listed and a 3 day listing suspension was added to that. :mad:

Relisted the same set of parts in compliance with their requirement to list all items. Notified today that "Your Listing has been removed for violations". Called their customer service line and was informed that the word 'Sear" cannot be mentioned in a firearm related listing because SOME firearms can be modified to full-auto capability by changing the sear. Pretty sure this is not an issue with 6 shot semi-auto pistols.

So, now I get to edit and relist the item and hope it passes eBay's arbitrary and capricious rules. Their posted rules regarding firearm parts are somewhat vague.

This was on top of having a M1A Scope Mount listing removed because the M1A is considered an 'assault rifle'.

I think that eventually eBay is going to disallow anything firearm related.

Back
Top Bottom