• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am a Flipper

I was talking to a 'dealer' at the gunshow recently and mentioned a friend that was selling a rifle. I could buy it for about a thousand less than market value (auction estimate).

When I told him I wasn't in a hurry to go get it because it was only worth a $1,000 more than I would likely pay I thought his head was going to explode. LOL!

I think there’s a difference in flipping and making a profit. Flipping to mean are the guys who buy stuff up and then sell at a crazy mark up (that may be every Glock 40 cal on ODT). But making a profit is fine. More of an attitude difference and at times a fine line.

Buying something and trying to gouge on it is flipping (to me) but being a savvy trader and turning a profit is another.

image.jpeg

My grandfather had a phrase he would say every once in a while..."dang son, don't believe I wudda told that" but I guess honesty is the best policy. And it is all the rage on reality TV....house flippers, counts customs, monkeybutt garage....so Flipping is the "flipping" in thing right now.

all the rage on reality TV....house flippers
Where is the forum for bitching and ***** aching about the guys on the show buying a house for $50,500 and spending $25,000 to update it, then selling it to some rube for $235,000?

Back
Top Bottom