• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am a Flipper

I dont know how flippers can exist on this site anymore

I cant even sell guns for decent prices (or even decent counteroffers lmfao). odt is a bunch of broke SOBs these days (that and much of the retail store pricing is better than the used pricing lol)

I think that flipping only works when there is a panic situation... Nowadays, it seems like you can't give away an AR on ODT, as everyone has 5 of them from the last panic buy, and now the market is flooded with them, and even retailers are selling them for half what they went for a few years ago...

I see so many stores having killer sales, and then you see listings here where a used gun is listed for 20% more than full retail. Granted, some folks might pay retail or a little more to avoid paperwork, but that's about it...

I know that there are some "flippers", which I think you are alluding to... basically folks that are trying to make money or even a living, by flipping guns here, rather than becoming an FFL and opening a store front. I know for a fact that a few people are doing just that.

I don't care if people make money... if someone is dumb enough to pay $600 for a used "custom" glock, meaning the guy ruined it by stippling the handle with a soldering iron, more power to them...

My only concern is when people are clearly using ODT as a storefront to avoid the costs and hassle of becoming an FFL and doing it legit, that it could bring negative attention to ODT and end up shutting us down...

All it will take is for some gun to be used in a crime, and somehow traced back to an ODT transaction with a member that has 500+ transactions... it's gonna be a bit hard to claim you aren't trying to deal in guns, when you have 794 transactions in a 3 year period... LOL

I think that flipping only works when there is a panic situation... Nowadays, it seems like you can't give away an AR on ODT, as everyone has 5 of them from the last panic buy, and now the market is flooded with them, and even retailers are selling them for half what they went for a few years ago...

I see so many stores having killer sales, and then you see listings here where a used gun is listed for 20% more than full retail. Granted, some folks might pay retail or a little more to avoid paperwork, but that's about it...

I know that there are some "flippers", which I think you are alluding to... basically folks that are trying to make money or even a living, by flipping guns here, rather than becoming an FFL and opening a store front. I know for a fact that a few people are doing just that.

I don't care if people make money... if someone is dumb enough to pay $600 for a used "custom" glock, meaning the guy ruined it by stippling the handle with a soldering iron, more power to them...

My only concern is when people are clearly using ODT as a storefront to avoid the costs and hassle of becoming an FFL and doing it legit, that it could bring negative attention to ODT and end up shutting us down...

All it will take is for some gun to be used in a crime, and somehow traced back to an ODT transaction with a member that has 500+ transactions... it's gonna be a bit hard to claim you aren't trying to deal in guns, when you have 794 transactions in a 3 year period... LOL
this

I think all the new gun pricing is destroying the used market

but then things like the caniks being 500 plus are confusing, its a Turkish striker fired gun, its a good gun, but not worth 500 plus IMO.

Back
Top Bottom