• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am buying a house. Not looking forward to moving. Affordable suggestions?

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
Some time ago I had a daughter that moved home from Alabama. I found a guy, who had a team on craigslist who packed up, and picked up everything she had including lots of furniture, and moved her stuff here.

The new house is 1 hour away. I have been in my current house for 18 years and I am dreading the process.

I am looking to the ODT brain trust for good suggestions.

Personally I would take the time to lighten the load and get rid of as much stuff as possible. It's amazing how much "stuff" we accumulate over the years. Sell furniture with the house, it's cheaper than moving it. Used furniture is cheap, and generally has little value unless it's of heirloom quality. Just my two cents worth.

Amen on lightening the load. Have dealt with my dad’s estate, my in laws house, where they have lived for 65 years and reduced our two houses to one in the last 4 years. Your kids will thank you. Go through your stuff, if your kids don’t want it and you don’t need it, sell it or toss it. Be brutal, get er done.

Some time ago I had a daughter that moved home from Alabama. I found a guy, who had a team on craigslist who packed up, and picked up everything she had including lots of furniture, and moved her stuff here.

I have been in my current house for 18 years and I am dreading the process.

I am looking to the ODT brain trust for good suggestions.
No matter the insurance, how trustworthy or dependable, DO NOT have your guns moved. You do that yourself even if you have to rent a truck yourself. If you need help to load it, then rent the help, but they don't take possession...

Working on it at slow speed myself. primary house is 2 hours from where I'm eventually moving. Ended up with 3 houses, one being the new primary house, second is going to be the wife's craft house and the 3rd we have to live in until the whole retirement and sell the current house works out. All three had furniture. Been steady moving and sorting for a year now without making a huge dent. I've been in this house 25 years and accumulated more than I realized. I feel for you!

Back
Top Bottom