• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am convinced that food plots are far better than feeders

TheGman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
221   0
Reaction score
Food plot is 1/2 acre in total, three sides wooded.
about 1/2 is oats and rape. The other side is Durana clover. Right now oats are getting more attention.

41DBD0E4-E9C0-4034-96EF-9BDFA7F1F59E.jpeg
C7EFF593-978C-48A2-BD41-B70AF126E2B6.jpeg

They probably are but feeders are not dependent on rain. My plots came up about a foot and the drought hit. Not the first time either. Think I'm DONE with plowing and planting. How do you like the Durana?

They probably are but feeders are not dependent on rain. My plots came up about a foot and the drought hit. Not the first time either. Think I'm DONE with plowing and planting. How do you like the Durana?

Sorry to hear of your dilemma I was fortunate mine didn't sprout until it began raining again. As for the Durana , I covered too deep initially (dry powdery soil) so I was afraid I had wasted time and $$. It’s a good stand now and later this Spring I will know for sure. Looks good, thick and no evidence of over browsing. I plan to plant LabLab and Sorghum this Spring in other areas. I did broadcast wheat in another section (cutover) it came up well for the effort and seems to have a lot of browsing.

I planted winter rye grass last year , held ground well which was great. I was unsure if deer feed on it much . I understand rye grain is great,

Yep, Clover should be growing about right now.
Are your oats growing or just staying the same size and waiting on spring?
Mine always get about 4 inches tall and then take off again in spring.

Back
Top Bottom