• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am done with safe Queens / BBQ guns!

I've definitely started shooting more and trying a lot of different firearms that interest me. Safe queens are to spotless and rare to shoot, so I've moved several out the past year and picked up some great firearms to shoot. Now I'm learning a lot more about different weapons and the significance of good ammo. Shooting, cleaning, installing triggers and other items has definitely been a great learning experience.

even my fancy firearms get carried and used when possible(except the nagant revolvers and such off the range since they really are a bit outdated for edc and not quite hunting worthy)

I had a S&W mod 13-1 that was like 95%...you could see tomorrow in the bluing in that gun.

I sold it 'cause I never shot it. It had such a sweet trigger, too.

I have a nickel 586 that I rarely shoot...but it's pretty to show off at M&G's.

Over the last year I have weeded out all my (to pretty to carry) pistols. I ditched the last one today. A sig p229 Stainless Elite. It was a great gun but not one I wanted to scratch up. I did however pick up a Legion P226 SAO that I totally plan on beetling the crap out of. (not really but plan on caring it a good bit when I don't have to do deep cover carry.) and plan on shooting the heck out of it!

It is not about how much it cost. Just over buying a gun that looks great and shots great but never really using it other than a range gun or a trophy.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with it and if funds we unlimited I would have a room full of them. Now I am dedicating my funds to guns that I am willing to get a scar on and not worry about it.

I have let go some works of art but no one ever saw them. They were kept in a dark safe and not enjoyed.

Time to move on to tools and toys!

I have 2 left in my safe a Never fired S&W Classic 357, never fired went from purchase straight into the safe, and I Rossi Princess that looks like the day it was made wrapped in a yellow cloth. Both, in original boxes with everything it came with!!!

lot of good input here, i got rid of all my sigs for this reason. have my g43/19/21 that i will use without worry. but my other 3 19's dont get shot because i dont want to tarnish there newness ! got a gen4 g19c I'm dying to shoot just scared haha. I guess YOLO should apply to this, i think ill shoot it tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom