• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am looking own investments outside of the US dollar any real suggestion on what investment house will do this?

Like it or not. The people in charge will monetize the debt. I want to side-step that elevator going down. By locking in a 30 year loan with 20% down. I will be paying off the balance with cheap printed up dollars when it costs a wheelbarrow full of cash to get a loaf of bread.

When post WW1 Germany started printing money, 1 US dollar was worth 4.2 marks. When Germany replaced that currency with a new currency based upon German Real Estate, the same 1 dollar would get you 4.2 Trillion Of the old marks

As much as I would like to be a Trilliionair, not If it means the dollar is on par with the Zimbabue currency. This is the path they are going down.

In any situation there are 3 types of people:
Those who know what is going to happen before it happens.
Those who know what is happening, while it is happening.
The rest are wondering? What happened?

those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

The idiots in charge are using history as a roadmap as to how to destroy our country.

What is the definition of inflation? Too many dollars chasing too few goods.

Last year, where did they get the 1.9 trillion they handed out like candy? Did they tax it? Did they borrow it? Or did they print it ?

Printing money only devalues the dollar. I don’t want to own investments valued in dollars.
There was a guy in Russia who was their hyper-inflation coming beforehand. He took out as much fixed rate debt as he could to buy land, real-estate, businesses, etc. After the hyper-inflation he paid it all off for virtually nothing and became one of the richest men on the planet. This has worked for people in the past.

That being said, alienation clauses in mortgage contracts make it so that unless you have the capital required to immediately pay off your house at any time, then the lender could effectively, and legally, take your house and any equity you built up in it from you at any time on their whim. If the USD starts to hyperinflate then you'd better bet they're going to enact that clause rather than let you walk away with a home for pennies on the dollar.

The strongest currency in the world is the Kuwati Dinar....maybe start there.

The next 3 strongest are also in the middle east

2.Bahraini Dinar
3 Omani Rial
4. Jordanian Dinar

Open a fidelity brokerage account then request to be transferred (link your account) to the international trading desk platform. Buy, exchange any currency in the world, trade any stock in the world, if you keep over 500 thousand they will manage it for you, (+commission of course) or you can self direct it yourself. Very easy, can be done and completed in a couple of days.

Shotgun Surgery Shotgun Surgery I believe "alienation clause" specifically refers to the "due on sale" when someone sells a property the mortgage company can call the loan. I can't find where they can just willy nilly demand the loan be paid off unless the borrower is in default. I'd really like to see where you found otherwise because the alienation clause is pretty specific to due on sale. I'm guessing you have some inside information that my VP of Mortgage Lending and I haven't been able to find.

What Is an Alienation Clause?​

The term alienation clause refers to a provision commonly found in many financial or insurance contracts, especially in mortgage deals and property insurance contracts. The clause generally only allows the transfer or the sale of a particular asset to be done once the main party fulfills its financial obligation.

Shotgun Surgery Shotgun Surgery I believe "alienation clause" specifically refers to the "due on sale" when someone sells a property the mortgage company can call the loan. I can't find where they can just willy nilly demand the loan be paid off unless the borrower is in default. I'd really like to see where you found otherwise because the alienation clause is pretty specific to due on sale. I'm guessing you have some inside information that my VP of Mortgage Lending and I haven't been able to find.

What Is an Alienation Clause?​

The term alienation clause refers to a provision commonly found in many financial or insurance contracts, especially in mortgage deals and property insurance contracts. The clause generally only allows the transfer or the sale of a particular asset to be done once the main party fulfills its financial obligation.
You wont know when your lender can or cannot invoke the alienation clause until you've read the specific contract you signed. Different contracts have different terms, but I've heard of people back in 2008 who never missed a payment but had the alienation clause invoked on them regardless. I also wouldn't put it past a bank to 'misplace' a check or have 'technical errors' when processing an online payment so that you've missed one payment to then invoke the clause.

On a slightly different note. We are dealing here with Banks (mortgage companies) and the US Government. A few years ago I had a 2 year CD with a local bank, a contract in essence that they would pay me a given rate of interest if I let them play with my money for 2 years. Half way through my CD term the local bank was acquired by another bank, and one of the first things they did was cut the interest rate on my (and I presume others) CD's.

My protests fell on deaf ears when I asked the bank manager whether or not they had done their due diligence, and why wasn't I compensated in the same way the bank would have been (loss of my interest) if I opted out of the CD before maturity? Crickets! Seems like the Federal Government/FDIC decided to walk all over me and other bank customers rather than have the acquired bank fail and cost the FDIC a bunch of money on all the insured accounts.

We see the present vaccine mandates as something the government can do if they feel certain actions need to be taken in their opinion "for the good of the country", so don't think they can't do a similar thing with the financial markets. Overseas currencies, precious metals and arable, undeveloped freehold real estate would seem to be logical choices to offset hyperinflation with minimum or no interference from the authorities.

I have read my contracts and there isn't anything that says "alienation clause". It does refer to a due on sale and I need to make my payments on time, but the rest of the note is pretty plain and simple. I would not put it past the government to screw up homeownership, but the bank can't do much as long as I make my payments on time and don't default under any of the other terms of the note. Many people have tried to get around on the due on sale clause and have the loan called. Maybe that's what happened to the ones you are referring to in 2008. The loans were not called because of inflation. I'd like to see an example where bank called a loan when the borrower was not in default, to make sure I'd do what ever I need to do ahead of time to stay out of that situation.

teearr teearr You are correct, the government can run all over the citizens. Thankfully a bank can't as easily. However your CD situation is the law and only applies to failed banks.

When a bank fails, the FDIC typically transfers the dead bank’s deposits to a new bank in fairly short order. It’s also worth noting that federal law requires the FDIC to pay 100% of your deposits up to FDIC insurance limits, including both principal and interest.

While the interest that you’ve earned to date is safe (assuming you’ve respected the FDIC limits), it’s quite possible that your rate will change. The reason for this is that the new bank isn’t required to honor the terms of the failed institution’s deposit agreements. The good news is that you’re not subject to early withdrawal penalties if you don’t like the new terms.

Open a fidelity brokerage account then request to be transferred (link your account) to the international trading desk platform. Buy, exchange any currency in the world, trade any stock in the world, if you keep over 500 thousand they will manage it for you, (+commission of course) or you can self direct it yourself. Very easy, can be done and completed in a couple of days.
Thank you! I will have to check this out. With as many investment professionals I have talked to on the phone, none have come up with anything close to this.

teearr teearr You are correct, the government can run all over the citizens. Thankfully a bank can't as easily. However your CD situation is the law and only applies to failed banks.

When a bank fails, the FDIC typically transfers the dead bank’s deposits to a new bank in fairly short order. It’s also worth noting that federal law requires the FDIC to pay 100% of your deposits up to FDIC insurance limits, including both principal and interest.

While the interest that you’ve earned to date is safe (assuming you’ve respected the FDIC limits), it’s quite possible that your rate will change. The reason for this is that the new bank isn’t required to honor the terms of the failed institution’s deposit agreements. The good news is that you’re not subject to early withdrawal penalties if you don’t like the new terms.
Thanks GM. I wasn't hurt financially other than losing some interest and time. It just seemed to me that the acquiring bank knew what their liabilities were before acquisition and should have been made to honor all contracts without compromising any customers. If the bank had failed I would have been in the same position and would have been protected by the FDIC insurance. Needless to say, that bank lost my business.

Back
Top Bottom