• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am starting to learn how badly i SCREWED UP!

bvernon

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
11   0
Reaction score
So... while killing time yesterday, I cruised through the WALMART (Newnan) gun counter. They actually had something I wanted for a change.

I proceed to fill out the background check (i've filled out plenty in my time). Went smoothly enough, had a fun chat with the (ill-informed) associate "helping" me.

What do ya know, my first "DELAY" on a NICS Check. The associate was very nice about it and said he would periodically check the status for me. (Can he do that?)

Called up there today in hopes the all clear be heard.... Quite the opposite, I was answered with a rude "we will call you"

So I have a few questions for you guys that may have been through buying a firearm from Walmart (I normally go through a local dealer, but it was a great price and I was already there)

Through my research I see that Walmart has a policy of not selling the gun until there is a proceed given from NICS, in spite of the 3 day wait and proceed other dealers abide by.

So needless to say this will be the first and last Walmart gun adventure I will have (unless they actually call with an approval).

Questions:
Has anyone actually had Walmart call them with a proceed before?
Can the associate that was helping me check the status like he said?
If I don't hear from them what would you guys do? I don't want to immediately go to another dealer, I'm sure NICS would look down on such quick back to back checks lol

While I would gladly entertain the CC license discussion, that doesn't solve or answer any of my questions. I'm a firm believer in constitutional carry...lol I do not disagree with you guys, thanks for the help

While I would gladly entertain the CC license discussion, that doesn't solve or answer any of my questions. I'm a firm believer in constitutional carry...lol I do not disagree with you guys, thanks for the help

As am I, BUT..... Ga does not have constitutional carry now, nor have they in the past. Maybe one day we will, but for now a carry permit system is what we have.

Sorry I couldn't answer your questions. I have bought from WM before, but I have a permit, so I didn't do the background check.

I had a GWL when I lived in GA I had recently moved and my GWL didn't match my DL so they said they had to do a NICS. I just told them to forget it and went to another FFL.

Back
Top Bottom