• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am starting to learn how badly i SCREWED UP!

Yes, they can check your approval status at any time thru the electronic NICS system. NICS can sometimes take as much as 30 days to give an approval or denial. Georgia law allows dealer to transfer after a certain time even I f NICS has not replied. However WM has their own policies.

Is it that important to save a few bucks over supporting a local store? I personally avoid the big box stores in favor of local as much as I can. Spending at big box stores does not support your local economy.

In the 90's I got "delay" every time anyone ran a background check on me. I had my brother pull my criminal background check and there was an FBI "file number" on it from an investigation in 1985 for my security clearance interviews (with locals, family, etc.). I wasn't the only Army Officer to which this happened regularly.

I've bought 2 or 3 long guns from my local Eatonton Walmart....never had any issues at all. I do have a CC permit though. Probably didn't take 10-15 minutes from start to finish. The only thing I don't like is they have to have a manager to carry it to your vehicle, that part is stupid.
I know this probably doesn't help your thread, just giving my experience.
I normally buy from Bass & Antler, my(LGS)

If the form was submitted online, then they can check to see if it has changed status or not. If it was submitted by phone they have to wait on a call from NICS. NICS does not allow you to call and check on the status of applications. They will just say, "we will call you."

bvernon bvernon this must be what the guy at the Columbus WM was so upset about...

He said it’s been 4 days and no one called him, they wouldn’t do a refund, and offered him a different 22lr because the one he paid for wasn’t there anymore?????

I just casually walked up and grabbed 6 boxes of some 9 mike mike and went on about my day...

Back
Top Bottom