• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I believe this says it is illegal to shoulder a "Stabilizing Brace"

I think the 'grandfathering' is inherent in the fact that they revoked the original letter(s) in this one.

Since this is the first letter to make shouldering illegal, they wouldn't be able to prosecute for anything that happened before this.

I purchased a brace. It came with a letter from the ATF that says whatever it says. I don't have the internet, and their reversal didn't make the evening news. I shoulder it next to government agent at a public range tomorrow. He arrests me and I show him the letter that came with it, he says they changed their mind. Do I get convicted? I know the adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but still.

I purchased a brace. It came with a letter from the ATF that says whatever it says. I don't have the internet, and their reversal didn't make the evening news. I shoulder it next to government agent at a public range tomorrow. He arrests me and I show him the letter that came with it, he says they changed their mind. Do I get convicted? I know the adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse, but still.
Yep. Ill put money on your books and send a batch of cookies to share with your new friends inside.

Yep. Ill put money on your books and send a batch of cookies to share with your new friends inside.
Yup.. it is of no concern to them if you knew or not, it's your due diligence as a firearm owner to know the majority of the laws... people show up with non transferable full autos and they have no idea?

For a citizen ignorance of the law is no excuse. However, if you are an agent of the government, lack of or poor training is.

If you are an elite in the government it is standard of procedure and risk potentially re-assignment.

Is the ATF in self-destruct mode? They are already facing a formidable case regarding the NFA. This will open them to more legal action that I don't see them winning. Oh well, it's just taxpayer money they're using to fight against the taxpayers...

Back
Top Bottom