• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I believe this says it is illegal to shoulder a "Stabilizing Brace"

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I disagree, Bryan. I have attempted to be a "law abiding citizen". I tried to build an AR pistol that not only allowed me to shoot right handed, and blind in my right eye, but also allow me to travel with my pistol across state line without BATFE approval. I spent hard earned money conforming to the BATFE rules, only to have my Sig braced pistol to be condemned by the very government agency that allowed it one week before.
when did you start shooting ar's again whats next your going to say you have a glock lol ...

“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Excellent quote. Here's another one I like: " The level of corruption of a government can be judged by the number of laws it passes." - Cicero

when did you start shooting ar's again whats next your going to say you have a glock lol ...

I put this AR together in the past 3 weeks, so it has been around 10 years since I've owned an AR. I was at a local shop that had pistols with the SB-15 and the SBX for me to try, so I thought it might work out with my eye issue. It's the same reason that I bought a Draco AK pistol when they first became available. I tried using a sling to push against to stabilize it enough, but it didn't work out as I had hoped.

And no, I'm not going to be getting another Glock...well the new long slide 10mm they just released is pretty cool...

So now that the ATF has decided to repeal their original statement. What do we (I) do now? I have a 10.5 barrel on mine And a kak pistol buffer tub. Do I just take off the brace and try to run it like that? Or do I just leave the brace on and order a new barrel.

Don't shoulder fire it, use it as designed.
Register it as an SBR and put a real shoulder stock on it.
Take off the brace and just shoot it as a pistol.
Convert it to a rifle with a proper barrel first, then a real shoulder stock.
Sell and buy a new AR.

Back
Top Bottom