• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I bet you have never seen one of these except in a museum... EG Lamson

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
I have acquired a piece of history and I am really not sure what to do with it.
I am not a collector, or a philanthropist and although I appreciate the importantness of this rifle I ap perplexed what to do with it.

This seven-shot .50 caliber carbine, which was chambered for the .56-50 Spencer rimfire cartridge, operated on the same principle as the later Winchester repeating rifle.

The story and history are worth a read, and the only other one I have seen is in the NRA museum AND it is not original...

Whatcha Think...
Lamson.jpeg

What's today's market value on one of these?
Says "they"...
This carbine was patented by Albert Ball of Worcester, Massachusetts, in 1864, and manufactured by E. G. Lamson & Company, Windsor, Vermont. Approximately 1,000 were delivered in May, 1865, after the close of the Civil War. This seven-shot .50 caliber carbine, which was chambered for the .56-50 Spencer rimfire cartridge, operated on the same principle as the later Winchester repeating rifle. To load, cartridges are fed through an opening in the right side of the receiver frame and into a tubular magazine located under the barrel. Lowering the trigger guard lever opens the receiver and feeds a cartridge from the magazine into the chamber. As in the Palmer carbine, the hammer features a projecting lip that strikes the cartridge rim. The 20-inch barrel was blued, while other metallic parts were casehardened. It has a two-piece walnut stock, and total length is 37 inches.

- Courtesy National Firearms Museum
Estimate $ 3,000-4,000

Back
Top Bottom