• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I bonds

Eggmanmja01

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Though I Be The Lone Survivor! RLTW
283   0
Reaction score
Do any of you fellas invest in I bonds? Minimum 1k and max is 10k with a current rate of about 9.5 and must maintainfor a year. You will be taxed on interest. The rate will change beginning Nov 1st.

Any thoughts?

Do any of you fellas invest in I bonds? Minimum 1k and max is 10k with a current rate of about 9.5 and must maintainfor a year. You will be taxed on interest. The rate will change beginning Nov 1st.

Any thoughts?
I bonds have to be done by the individual and kept for like 5 years and you can buy a maximum of 10k.

The official inflation rate is 8%. When you look at the factors they removed to get it to 8% it is really 16%. My advisor wanted me to buy some bonds (not I-bonds) at 4% because everything is going downhill.

I’m thinking something tangible like real estate. Because most of our current inflation is directly related to printing money. When the new norm settles out the property will still have an intrinsic value and the paper will only become more and more worthless.

Bonds are ok investment but buying precious metals are way more lucrative.
As far as that is concerned, some stocks like Coke, GM, etc., are safe, and increase more than bonds.
With stuff like precious metals , etc., it is easier to get around the “mafia” that want a cut of anything you make ….by the way of tax.
Also you have an actual asset that you can hold. Bonds, stocks, etc., are just paper, in a sense, when it comes down to it. With something like gold or whatever, you have an actual asset you can hold and put into your own safe or whatever.
Just my .02 😊

We maxed out awhile back plan to again asap.

Kinda wondering why Jimmy Carter Jr. economy hasn’t run CD rates up.

PS, just got my quarterly 401 statement in the mail yesterday, afraid to open, think it’s going to be an early Halloween fright.

Back
Top Bottom