• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I bonds

Here's my understanding. Not a financial pro. Please verify and feel free to correct.

Seems worth it to me to move some money from savings to I Bonds if you're not planning on needing it soon. Rate is going to drop next month, from what I've read. But current rate will hold for 6 months if you buy now. If you hold longer than a year but less than five years, you pay a penalty of 3 months interest to cash out. There are federal taxes on interest when you sell but no state taxes. There can be further advantages if you plan on using it for education expenses. The treasury direct website seems like it's 20 years old. Here's a link giving further info:

We maxed out awhile back plan to again asap.

Kinda wondering why Jimmy Carter Jr. economy hasn’t run CD rates up.

PS, just got my quarterly 401 statement in the mail yesterday, afraid to open, think it’s going to be an early Halloween fright.
Bit the bullet, opened the statement, worse than I had hoped.
Down 22% ytd. With no end in sight due to that moron’s academics running the economy.
FJB, FJB, FJB, to infinity, and beyond…

Bit the bullet, opened the statement, worse than I had hoped.
Down 22% ytd. With no end in sight due to that moron’s academics running the economy.
FJB, FJB, FJB, to infinity, and beyond…

I have a link on my laptop to my 401k account. I'm not going to click on it again until, well, I dunno. Just not any time soon.

Yes....maxed out.... I've been 40 yrs investing. Win some....loose some. I bonds are a no brainer right now.. In the process of turning my assets over to a pro. Thinking of my wife. Wealth management is more than just the stock market. Gonna start gradually pulling risk off. Getting old

Back
Top Bottom