• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I called the ATF TODAY (wtf)

Well, if you consider that when they first implemented this completely unconstitutional scheme, they set a price on mufflers that was incredibly prohibitive for the common populace. Consider $200 back in 1934 is equivalent to nearly $4300 today!! But, they screwed the pooch by fixing that cost. Sooooo, how would they severely discourage purchasing and controlling John Q. Public? Time. Make it take an extraordinarily long time to acquire that pesky tax stamp.
And, honestly, it works. I don't have any NFA stuff simply because I won't put up with their bulls**t! I don't want to putz with their bureaucracy and I don't want to give them any more money than I absolutely have to!!
You know? That's exactly what I was thinking earlier. $200 back then was BIG bucks. They never expected they'd not be able to keep raising that price like Biden seems to be able to do with a gallon of gas nowadays..

The way they set the price on the stamp is they used the price of a Thompson. The government thought that doubling the price of a Thompson would discourage people from buying one.

. I don't have any NFA stuff simply because I won't put up with their bulls**t! I don't want to putz with their bureaucracy and I don't want to give them any more money than I absolutely have to!!
you absolutely can have NFA stuff without the stamp and wait. Just shouldn't post pics about it on the internet ;)

Back
Top Bottom