• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I cannot imagine why I am spending so much on corn……..

They will get use to it.
CB40C5E9-96D4-42B4-B514-CDC83E2B4D7A.jpeg

I take Buster out to let him eat outside in the morning so the younger dogs will leave him alone.
He hardly ever eats all of his food and I went out last week to get his bowl and not only had a raccoon eaten the rest of his food but it then processed to crap in his food bowl...not around the bowl or next to the bowl but every turd was in the bowl.
I don't know whether it was a commentary on my brand of dog food or if he was just claiming it as his own.
Damn trash pandas.

I would start going 25% protein w corn and go up.they will pick the corn out the start with.when season ends the protein will benefit your pregnant does as much as bucks.healthy does produce healthier fawns you will see a difference.remember protein applies muscle.we feed to have a healthier deer herd I think everyone gets caught up in the anthers, they will come with a healthier herd.planting summer food plots will increase your deer density and you will see increase in your population.look at this pic of this buck after the rut compared to some.he has lost all his fat but looks good and healthy.as you can tell he is a mature buck but looks like a 3 year old after the rut
E4845CB3-FBF9-4379-A53F-D0D140AE834F.jpeg
79AC9F7E-73A6-4737-851D-B28A6979E78A.jpeg

So is there anything that will really grow "No Till"? Something I can just hand-spread, and have it come up for the deer? (Pretend I'm not in Texas for purposes of the answer.)

So is there anything that will really grow "No Till"? Something I can just hand-spread, and have it come up for the deer? (Pretend I'm not in Texas for purposes of the answer.)
Annual rye grass for the winter.the deer love it,not much on the nutrition scale.i will sow it on roads and shooting lanes just to get them to stop and take a bite.just sow on top of ground heavy before a good rain and it will come up before the birds eat most of it.

If you have a “new” clear cut soybeans will work. When we had a new one we bought 50 pounds and just walked and threw on bare spots of ground. The only plants that survived were when the seeds went under a log when we threw them Crazy hunting season that year seeing sooo many deer in the clear cut looking for the soybean plants.

Back
Top Bottom