• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I can't believe the way I was treated at Discount Tire in Hiram

Back in the 90s, I was a store manager for a chain in Florida called Tire Kingdom. We never charged for a flat repair and always patched, never plugged them. I always told the customer it was really easy to do and if the tire wasn’t on the car, it could be done in about 15 mins. I would always ask them to take care of the tire buster for his time and they normally tipped $20.
I knew chuck curcio very well when he had 2 stores I Wpb. Got him his first loan for equipment, when I was in the business

I had a nail in one of my truck tires so I took it off and threw it in the back of my other car to bring it to Discount Tire in Hiram. I dropped it off before going to the gym and told them that I didn't buy it from them so I would just pay whatever the cost was to get it patched. They had it ready for me in about an hour and when I went back to pick it up they said that there was no charge. They said that punctured tires are a safety issue so they repair them for free. They even gave me a receipt with a warranty for the repair. I tipped the guy $20 and walked away a very happy customer. It's really hard to find businesses that have good service these days but I've always had good luck with them and will definitely keep buying my tires from them in the future. Just thought we could all use a positive story of a business that does a great job.
I had the same experience with them many years ago and I try to always buy from them. All discount Tires will do this. Great customer service and marketing.
Here’s my story.
I was drive along and see a board in the road. I have no way to serve into another lane so I grin and bear it. As I approach I think I see nails in it but can’t do anything but hit it. I pull over and hear the hissing from my tire. I jump in the truck and find an old golf tee(back when I use dumb enough to still play golf). I jam it in the hole to keep as much air as possible to get somewhere. I pull off the interstate and there is a discount tire. I went next door to get some lunch and when I came back they were done. All the guys had an astonished look on their face and the guy who did my repair came in and announced “you are never going to believe what you ran over!”
I told them the real story but I think maybe I should have let them go on believing it. Would have given them a much better story at their next party.

I took 4 tires in and 4 alloy wheels in to have mounted and balanced and said I would bring the car in for an alignment. It was the one on Hickory Grove Rd. right across the street from McDonald's and behind Q-Trip. They turned me away and said take it somewhere else. I never went back. Poor people skills and just didn't give a hoot.

Reactions: TRS
I took 4 tires in and 4 alloy wheels in to have mounted and balanced and said I would bring the car in for an alignment. It was the one on Hickory Grove Rd. right across the street from McDonald's and behind Q-Trip. They turned me away and said take it somewhere else. I never went back. Poor people skills and just didn't give a hoot.
Curious were they new or used tires?

For liability reasons, they want to be sure they’re not mounting for any a car that is not designed for that particular wheel or tire. Walmart does the same thing.
Hum. That sounds logical. They were Nitto Drag Radials. LOL
There were 315's for the back and 285's for the front. That's the width of the tires. They were beefy and low profile. I took them to a place on Canton Rd. They hooked me me up and did the alignment. They were the only place that had the ability to get lowered cars on their alignment rack.

Back
Top Bottom