• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I can't take it anymore....

I'm waiting on gun season to start and it's making me sick. So next year I plan on slinging sticks at deer to get into the season earlier. I plan to start with a crossbow. Been looking at the Barnett Jackel. I've heard good and bad about Barnett. What brands do you guys recommend keeping in mind I'm not loaded with money. Also, any advise from those that shoot xbows regularly? (I know I have to add wax to the bow and the strings, can't dry fire it, need to use same brand bolts if possible..) what else?.

Edja-ma-cate me...
I was in your boat last year....I bought a used bow package off the ODT. I should be hunting Wednesday afternoon/evening....nice and quiet.

I like my carbon express. There is still 4 weeks left in Archery season this year. Crossbows take about 30 minutes to get out of box and sighted in. If you have the funds, do it now. You wont regret it. Early season is just as good as the rut sometimes.

I like my carbon express. There is still 4 weeks left in Archery season this year. Crossbows take about 30 minutes to get out of box and sighted in. If you have the funds, do it now. You wont regret it. Early season is just as good as the rut sometimes.
^^^^THIS!^^^^
Our deer move all day long and without regard this time of year.

awesome advice, thx.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom