• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I changed my first water pump.......

I'll give my boy credit he tried. I think the ground wire has come lose. It will run well then just shut down. Pop the hood and wiggle wires and lights will come back on and crank right back up
My youngest girls truck was doing something like that a while back and it ended up being a throttle sensor

I'll give my boy credit he tried. I think the ground wire has come lose. It will run well then just shut down. Pop the hood and wiggle wires and lights will come back on and crank right back up

My wife had a Jeep Cherokee that did that years ago. I checked everything then gave up and took it somewhere. The battery had leaked somehow down the positive cable and eroded the wire inside the plastic insulation just enough for it to start every once in a while. I would have never found that.

My wife had a Jeep Cherokee that did that years ago. I checked everything then gave up and took it somewhere. The battery had leaked somehow down the positive cable and eroded the wire inside the plastic insulation just enough for it to start every once in a while. I would have never found that.

Cherokees were famous for that.
I had several....the first repair I ever did when I got one is replace all the cables and run a new block to ground cable and a new neg to ground cable.
It really makes the electronics happy since they use that crapppy braided body to block ground strap that corrodes at the back of the driver side head and battery acid wicks through the battery cables.

It has aftermarket clamps on the wires. When I pulled them off a bunch of the wires just fell off. I cut them back and put on new ends and cleaned the post on the battery. It seems to be working fine at the moment. Time will tell though. For the truck to be as old as it is and # of mile on it, it runs great and shifts gears very smoothly.

It has aftermarket clamps on the wires. When I pulled them off a bunch of the wires just fell off. I cut them back and put on new ends and cleaned the post on the battery. It seems to be working fine at the moment. Time will tell though. For the truck to be as old as it is and # of mile on it, it runs great and shifts gears very smoothly.

Take the clamps off and the cables off at the clamps. Coat the bare wire, clamps and battery terminals with grease. Then reassemble.

In the Advance Auto Parts parking lot in Tuscaloosa, AL. Using their "tool box" which was a bunch of sockets, but no wrench, a pair of Chinese channel locks and a few wrenches.

I couldn't get the big fan clutch nut off, so I ended up cutting the clutch in half with my angle grinder and ziss wheel to get the fan blades(they didn't have these in stock) and buying a new clutch assembly. I am a cabinet installer, so luckily had my installation tools.

I left home at 4am and got home at 11pm, but I got it done!

good job. Sometimes you have to make the best with what you have to work with. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom