• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I didn't get fat by not being able to cook...

Looks awesome! Care to share the recipe? I'd love to try this!

Like everything else that I cook, there is no recipe. I can give you the contents and general instructions:

shrimp
smoked sausage (I prefer andouille)
onions
garlic
tomatoes
heavy whipping cream
Cajun seasoning

While browning sausage chop your onions (I use green onions). Remove browned sausage to bowl. Toss garlic (I used minced) and onions in the pan. As they begin to saute, chop your tomatoes (I use cherry and whatever kind I can get) into bite size pieces. Throw them into pan and bring it to a simmer. Add sausage back to pan. Add heavy cream and cajun seasoning. Reduce and let simmer for a while. Add shrimp and allow to simmer until you are ready to eat.

For the grits, I use the yellow grits and use heavy cream or half/half for half the amount of water called for in directions. For instance last night I made 4 servings: 1 guart half and half and 5 cups water. Add 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese.

I fried the grits last night: pour cooked grits into greased baking dish and put in 'fridge for several hours. Heat oil (I used lard), cut out cakes and cover in flour (I used yellow corn meal). Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes.

Add diced green onions before eating.

l6MNmIL.gif

Like everything else that I cook, there is no recipe. I can give you the contents and general instructions:

shrimp
smoked sausage (I prefer andouille)
onions
garlic
tomatoes
heavy whipping cream
Cajun seasoning

While browning sausage chop your onions (I use green onions). Remove browned sausage to bowl. Toss garlic (I used minced) and onions in the pan. As they begin to saute, chop your tomatoes (I use cherry and whatever kind I can get) into bite size pieces. Throw them into pan and bring it to a simmer. Add sausage back to pan. Add heavy cream and cajun seasoning. Reduce and let simmer for a while. Add shrimp and allow to simmer until you are ready to eat.

For the grits, I use the yellow grits and use heavy cream or half/half for half the amount of water called for in directions. For instance last night I made 4 servings: 1 guart half and half and 5 cups water. Add 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese.

I fried the grits last night: pour cooked grits into greased baking dish and put in 'fridge for several hours. Heat oil (I used lard), cut out cakes and cover in flour (I used yellow corn meal). Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes.

Add diced green onions before eating.

Thanks man!!! I wouldn't have even come close to that if I had to guess at it lol!

Back
Top Bottom