• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I don't mean to be an A**hat

I do it because it's some protection against the asses that post an ad, and don't bother to check their PM's (or have them set up so that they are forwarded to their ph.)

Also, in my early days with ODT, found some sellers are conducting an auction, and the post at least helps establish that when you follow up a couple of days later, and they come back with " I never got your PM."

I only post it for unqualified acceptances - so I know who is straight and who is a B.S. artist.

What is the purpose of posting "Pm Sent" on an ad? I assume that the OP will receive the PM. Is it marking your territory?

It's their buddies bumping the ad to make unsuspecting folks believe the item is in high demand and that they should make an asking price + 10% offer.

Translation: "I've sent you a bid via private message. If it's higher than any you've received thus far, consider me a buyer. If I need to bid higher, pm me back and let me know there is another member who's already responded to the ad and you plan to sell to him." That lets you know you need to up your lowball bid. After a few days a winner is selected.

Totally marking my territory.

Cool. So its like rubbing your junk on the door handles of a car you want at the dealership in view of the salesman?

200w (2).gif

Back
Top Bottom