• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I don't mean to be an A**hat

I love these PMs: "Hey, send me a text at 7704910061 so we can make a deal." LOL.

(actually made some good trades with these folks once we set everything in a PM)
I had one recently that reminded me of high school dating. I listed an item for sail/trade and the member posted "call me". I pm'd him and wrote "pm me if you want to make an offer". He pm'd and wrote "call me if you want to sail/sell". I did not.

I had one recently that reminded me of high school dating. I listed an item for sail/trade and the member posted "call me". I pm'd him and wrote "pm me if you want to make an offer". He pm'd and wrote "call me if you want to sail/sell". I did not.

I am convinced some people think the world revolves around them and they are the best deal makers in the universe.

I am convinced some people think the world revolves around them and they are the best deal makers in the universe.

They've been watching too much t.v.
250px-Barter_Kings.jpg

I do it because recently someone did it on one of my posts and I received the notification that he posted to the listing, but didn't receive notification of his PM. Figured it's a good way to cover bases and give people a free bump in the process.

That dude could'a been a weirdo?? But some Folks are old fashion in the South and want to talk to somebody...I'll call'em , I don't mind talking on the phone and have sold a couple doing so ; had 1 weirdo too though

Not to hijack the thread, but I've noticed recently that people are forgetting how to say please and thank you. Almost like getting a response to a PM from them is a privilege, not a courtesy. The ones that do trend towards having high post counts and positive feedback, but it is a turn-off when trying to spark conversation about a potential deal... just sayin'. Thanks for listening.

Back
Top Bottom