• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I dont need a German Luger....I dont need a German Luger....I dont need a German Luger....

Two words.

Snail drum.

2cxjfxf-1.jpg

I need a moment.

I don't even want to know what one of those would go for nowadays

For what it's worth, my dad brought back from World War II a 1917 production Luger in 9 mm which had been re-stamped and re-issued to the German police in 1921 or 1922. I don't know if that particular gun came with a shoulder stock, but he obtained a shoulder stock that fit it while in Germany, scavenging, immediately after the war.

Then, back here as a private citizen, he decided that 9 mm ammo was too expensive so he sold that Luger and bought a S&W .38 special revolver, and a High Standard 22 target pistol. He never regretted that decision, and I don't think it was a bad choice. My brothers and I grew up shooting the 38 (6" barrel) and the 22. He probably wouldn't have let us shoot that old collectible Luger as much, had he kept it.

As for myself, although dad told me a lot of stories about old World War II German weapons uneven world war one German weapons, I've just never felt the desire to own a Luger .

For some reason, however, I wouldn't mind having an early Broomhandle Mauser. I would want it in the original 30 caliber though and with a shoulder stock. That puts it out of my price range.

Back
Top Bottom