• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel bad/chance in a million?

Maybe you didn't hit it in the right location, I've killed around 20 deer using them, longest one ever ran was around 50 yards.
I've also killed a lot of deer using the SGK, but those two hits were good ones and the bullets failed. I should have stopped using it after the first occurrence, then the second would have never happened.

I want to use a bullet that performs as it should every time, not most of the time. I have now killed dozens of big game animals of several species and in varying conditions with the Barnes TTSX and it has performed exactly as it should 100% of the time. My sample group for the Accubond is not as big, but so far so good with that one, too.

I'll never use a SGK, Nosler Ballistic Tip or Berger Hunting VLD (under 2500fps at the target) again, due to personal failures with all three of these bullet.

I've also killed a lot of deer using the SGK, but those two hits were good ones and the bullets failed. I should have stopped using it after the first occurrence, then the second would have never happened.

I want to use a bullet that performs as it should every time, not most of the time. I have now killed dozens of big game animals of several species and in varying conditions with the Barnes TTSX and it has performed exactly as it should 100% of the time. My sample group for the Accubond is not as big, but so far so good with that one, too.

I'll never use a SGK, Nosler Ballistic Tip or Berger Hunting VLD (under 2500fps at the target) again, due to personal failures with all three of these bullet.
No bullet performs like it should ”every time.” Too many variables, it can be reasonably consistent, but not every time.

Guess I'm not going to dispute a point with someone that knows everything there is to know about everything there is.

No bullet performs like it should ”every time.” Too many variables, it can be reasonably consistent, but not every time.
Probably, but the Barnes TTSX has been 100% on many animals for me. I have also asked a lot of it. One particular load has been my mainstay. It's the 168 grain TTSX out of a 300 WSM. It has performed perfectly on everything from a 50lb or 60lb Bushbuck all the way to a 850lb Kudu. Little or no deflection, deep penetration and rapid expansion. The Bushbuck had a golf-ball size exit and the only animal it hasn't done that on was the Kudu. On that one it stopped just under the skin on the opposite side after breaking a shoulder.

Guess I'm not going to dispute a point with someone that knows everything there is to know about everything there is.
Really? Sorry I offended you by offering my experiences to you. It won't happen again. :tsk:

BTW, the reason I am confident when I speak on a subject is because I don't speak about things I don't know about. I just listen to conversations then or ask questions. This is clearly a concept you aren't familiar with. Might want to give it a try.

BTW, the OP specifically asked for other people's experiences with this bullet. It's not like I just jumped on it from nowhere.

Probably, but the Barnes TTSX has been 100% on many animals for me. I have also asked a lot of it. One particular load has been my mainstay. It's the 168 grain TTSX out of a 300 WSM. It has performed perfectly on everything from a 50lb or 60lb Bushbuck all the way to a 850lb Kudu. Little or no deflection, deep penetration and rapid expansion. The Bushbuck had a golf-ball size exit and the only animal it hasn't done that on was the Kudu. On that one it stopped just under the skin on the opposite side after breaking a shoulder.
I don’t doubt that, but enough shooting and there will be a failure.

Really? Sorry I offended you by offering my experiences to you. It won't happen again. :tsk:

BTW, the reason I am confident when I speak on a subject is because I don't speak about things I don't know about. I just listen to conversations then or ask questions. This is clearly a concept you aren't familiar with. Might want to give it a try.

BTW, the OP specifically asked for other people's experiences with this bullet. It's not like I just jumped on it from nowhere.
Like I said in my prior post..........

Back
Top Bottom