• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel like I need something else...

CheshireGoat

Default rank <2500 posts
Insert clever title here
104   0
Reaction score
Ok I'm just getting into the NFA game. I started with my heavyd trust and I've got 4 in the pipeline now:

10.5" 5.56 SBR - Eform 1 on 3/5
Dobbs ARC22AL - Form 4 mailed 3/6
G/A Rev45 - Form 4 mailed 4/16
D/A Sandman S - mailed 4/16 ( Mixup on the ppwk but they are making it right)

I've got most of my bases covered but I feel like I need something else. I've been debating a AR9 SBR or an AK SBR. I really like the triangle side folders. For the AR9 I've been looking at the PSA hybrids. I just started looking at the AK's and it looks like it will be pricey to do it nice. Any suggestions from you NFA veterans? I still have some threaded barrels to buy for my pistols and need a TB .22lr pistol also but I can get these anytime. Just trying to get my stamps submitted.

Integral 10/22 is about as much fun as you can have shooting suppressed. Sounds like a big pellet gun except it shoots 25 times. Get a barrel and then build the gun around it.
So the integral barrel is the serialized part? Any suggestions? I was thinking about a 10/22 for my Dobbs can. I already have an FV-SR waiting for it. Any good reason why I would go your route other than barrel length?

My integral barrel is 16 inches. At first glance, it looks like a bull barreled 10/22 except it is light. I find that when people shoot the integral (keeps bulk ammo subsonic most of the time) for the first time, they just grin and are shocked that its legal. The integral is serialized and most have a sleave over the barrel/baffles. I find that I might shoot several boxes of center fire pistol; but many BX25 mags in my 10/22. I've got 22 can, 22 integral, 2 30 cal cans, and a 45 cal can so I have most of the calibers covered.

As far as integrals go, Gemtech Mist, HTA Fusion T22, Thompson Machine, and KG EOS-22 (out of Marietta) are about all the integral 10/22 mfg's that I know of. I have one of the HTA barrels with removable port for velocity control.

My integral barrel is 16 inches. At first glance, it looks like a bull barreled 10/22 except it is light. I find that when people shoot the integral (keeps bulk ammo subsonic most of the time) for the first time, they just grin and are shocked that its legal. The integral is serialized and most have a sleave over the barrel/baffles. I find that I might shoot several boxes of center fire pistol; but many BX25 mags in my 10/22. I've got 22 can, 22 integral, 2 30 cal cans, and a 45 cal can so I have most of the calibers covered.

As far as integrals go, Gemtech Mist, HTA Fusion T22, Thompson Machine, and KG EOS-22 (out of Marietta) are about all the integral 10/22 mfg's that I know of. I have one of the HTA barrels with removable port for velocity control.
I appreciate the insight! I like that idea, I didn't even think about going that route. I'm going to check that out. I liked the idea of an AK SBR but I don't have anywhere to play with it with steel ammo.

Off the radar is that Dobb's may be able to do a 9mm AR integral barrel. I talked to Bryan about it a while back; but he is super busy right now. I have one of his ARC30 cans and really like it for the sound (lack of) on my LR308's. He makes nice stuff that works.

I appreciate the insight! I like that idea, I didn't even think about going that route. I'm going to check that out. I liked the idea of an AK SBR but I don't have anywhere to play with it with steel ammo.
Feel free to stop by our shop and check out our EOS-22 integral. Its designed to keep all bulk pack subsonic and is constructed of stainless and titanium. We offer custom serial #'s too.

Back
Top Bottom