• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel much safer at night.

I've never been around Malinois until I met my fiance. Her dad and brother both have them. Unbelievable energy, they never stop working, whether it's chasing a ball, barking at the horses, just running circles around whoever is in the yard, protecting the kids, the dogs just have no chill whatsoever. It's really amazing.

Thor would definitely mess up a would be burglar, but he also might be napping and just miss the whole home invasion all together.

Malinois ain't fixing to miss a damn thing that's for sure.
They're insane. Riley will go all out for about 45 minutes chasing a ball. Then collapse for 15 minutes... Then the incessant whining and intimidation until you go do it again. Anything with wings is automatically deemed the enemy... from bees to buzzards...they're all gonna die. That dog only gets tired and relaxes after MENTAL work like finding things that I hide. If you're napping when the Amazon truck shows up, defibulators might save you.

My fiances dad has a Malinoi, she's a bad bitch. She rules the roost at her house and keeps their larger German shepherds in check.

But he brought her to our house and her and Thor got along good until they decided they wanted the ball at the same time.

She put up a good fight, put a few holes in Thors ears, but she limped her ass home, I got Thor off of her right as he was about to twist her leg off. They are fast, agile, smart, and determined, amazing dogs, but a pitbull is going to win that fight 99 times out of 100.

View attachment 5718923

Lake, the Big German shepherd on the left has a terribly frightening bark but he ain't about that life.
That's a deadly combo you got there.

You boys should move, I've never felt need to go through such extremes where I live. Of course I am prepared if the event ever happens.

I was broken into twice at a previous residence, I moved.

This little town has no crime. None! It's just I feel a little vulnerable living up here all alone. Plus I live down a little hill where nobody can see around my house.

When I lived in Georgia we had the door to our apartment kicked in twice and a bunch of stuff stole out of one of our cars including computers, blackberries and some other expensive business articles. I also had the van stolen right out of my driveway on Saturday night. Doors were locked no keys in it. Thank goodness I had left the thing with the light on low gas indicator. They got about 7 miles and then the van ran out of gas the police found it in a parking lot. I had to get the steering column rebuilt would cost about $1,000 but insurance took care of that under comprehensive.

Very few people know I have guns up here. Most of them are good friends so I really don't have anything to worry about it just gives me a better sense of security knowing that I have time to get up and prepare it if somebody attempts to break in. As many of you know I suffer from real bad insomnia so I'm up most of the nights anyways. However, when I take medication sometimes it knocks me completely out. I'm afraid that when in medication works and I'm in a coma I might not wake up in time if it's a sudden entry. This way they have to make a whole lot of noise and it would take them minutes upon minutes to get in the door the way I have it set up. I would imagine they would give up before they actually got in.

Back
Top Bottom