• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel much safer at night.

It doesn't matter what I post somebody out there in the ODT community will have something negative to say. If the glass breaks I will hear that. This issue has been covered. I'm not going build a wall of cinder blocks around my house in fear. I just want to take a few precautions just to make it difficult for would be intruders to get in easily. They will have to make a lot of noise to do so. That will give me plenty of time to respond.
That's all this thread is about. Those doors on those houses in the Atlanta metro area are made of paper machete. You nay sayers worry about your family behind the popsicle sticks holding your house together. I have a handle on mine thank you.

If all you're doing with the door is turning into an alarm, just install a mat inside the door with a pressure sensor and a bell (or a siren) attached to it.

It'll work just as well.
Excellent idea. However to hell with the matt inside. I would rather it be outside. Having it inside is just a little to close for comfort.

A big mean dog or two would be more fun.
I would but I don't have a fenced in yard. My yard is much to big to fence in. I really don't think it's right to not have a place for what would be my best friend to be able to go out and run around and have a little freedom. Waking a dog is very hard with my knees the way they are.

Now I could have a alarm that sounds like a 200 lb. dog barking. LOL That would certainly be a option. Any idiot in their right mind would do an about face if they heard that.

I babysit a 125lb. Am Staff every now and then. My knees feel like they are about to fall out after a week of him being here. He is my buddy. I spoil him and he loves to come stay with me. He has the temperament as the Am Staff I had. He and listens to everything I tell him to do. His owners will only let me keep him. They know he will treated like a king while he is here. I thoroughly enjoy him being here when he stays.

It doesn't matter what I post somebody out there in the ODT community will have something negative to say. If the glass breaks I will hear that. This issue has been covered. I'm not going build a wall of cinder blocks around my house in fear. I just want to take a few precautions just to make it difficult for would be intruders to get in easily. They will have to make a lot of noise to do so. That will give me plenty of time to respond.
That's all this thread is about. Those doors on those houses in the Atlanta metro area are made of paper machete. You nay sayers worry about your family behind the popsicle sticks holding your house together. I have a handle on mine thank you.
Don't get a big mean guard dog or any of that. Get a tiny little yip dog. One who will hear bad times coming and bark it up to WAKE YOU UP so you can grab your gun and kill the ooga-booga bad thing. All you need is time to arm up loaded and read - the yip dog will do that.

Don't get a big mean guard dog or any of that. Get a tiny little yip dog. One who will hear bad times coming and bark it up to WAKE YOU UP so you can grab your gun and kill the ooga-booga bad thing. All you need is time to arm up loaded and read - the yip dog will do that.
The little dogs are the best at alerting you of people around. It's weired they way they carry on when someone is near isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom