• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel much safer at night.

I am going to install some type of early detection system. I just don't know which one I am going to do.
This one worked pretty well. The only tricky part is when you set it up initially to position it where the outdoor sensor and the indoor receiver can communicate. Basically, you need line of sight but it will work at a decent distance.

This one worked pretty well. The only tricky part is when you set it up initially to position it where the outdoor sensor and the indoor receiver can communicate. Basically, you need line of sight but it will work at a decent distance.

Thanks I will look into that and do a little reading on it.

Reactions: GFB
When I lived in Ohio we used to visit this gun shop that was in downtown Ashland. This was back in the late seventies. I think the owners must have lived up stairs. The reason I say this is as follows. We were walking around downtown one day I believe it was on a Sunday. I stopped and looked in just to see what they had on the shelf and two big Dobermans came up to the door and they were trying to bark but weren't making any noise but they look like they would eat you up if you went inside there.

They're afraid and yipping for YOU to protect THEM.
Once on a halloween night on the trail between my aunt's and mother's house in the woods I was behind my 8 year old son all dressed up to score candy from the relatives (no real neighbors around). As a joke, I ducked behind a tree and screamed bloody murder. My boy turned around and surveyed the scene and the next thing I saw was him jump up and in mid air do a 180 and then haul ass, his plastic costume swishing like a pair of corduroys. HE NEVER SAID ONE WORD! Self preservation of a different kind - like my useless cat would do. I didn't raise no fool. He made over a million last year...

We have 3 grown dogs either on or around our bed every night, and wireless cameras on all sides of the house and at all door openings. Storm doors and keyed both sides deadbolts added in the mix. 15 rds. of 9mm within arms length every time I lay down in my bed to boot. We may get an intruder but they're gonna have to work for it, and every single item of value outside my home is locked or cabled.........

Some nights I feel a little vulnerable up here all alone. If an intruder was to make entry into a house out here it would take at least 30-45 minutes or longer for a law enforcement officer to get here. By that evil-doer could hurt someone, steal everything of value and be gone long before help could arrive. Some nights it's not uncommon to feel a little insecure. So I decided to add an extra measure of security to the homestead. Plus my little house is out of view from the road and the neighbors homes. For just under 25 bucks I decided to add these on both doors to make sure no one can kick the doors in and steal my guns and valuables or possibly injure me or worse. Needless to say I feel a lot more comfortable falling asleep.
Get yourself a nice dobby or rottie.. Maybe even a maultese for the house.

I would but I don't have a fenced in yard. My yard is much to big to fence in. I really don't think it's right to not have a place for what would be my best friend to be able to go out and run around and have a little freedom. Waking a dog is very hard with my knees the way they are.

Now I could have a alarm that sounds like a 200 lb. dog barking. LOL That would certainly be a option. Any idiot in their right mind would do an about face if they heard that.
I have the living scenario you do. This works with the two big dogs I have.

Back
Top Bottom