• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I finally added a .22 can to my collection....host?

My 10/22 and S&W compact .22 are the two hosts I ended up settling on. The 10/22 can be ANYTHING you want it to be, it's a fantastic host in all shapes and sizes. Had it as a tack driving long gun and now it's on a form 1 pending as an SBR with a charger receiver and a shockwave for now.
The S&W .22 compact is one of the few all American made .22 pistols, I have several thousand rounds through mine with zero issues suppressed the whole time. You get to ship it stateside if you ever need warranty work and was NEVER touched by Umarex or likewise. They both are utterly reliable with rimfire (which is always hard to find) and ultra quiet. They gobble up Gemtech Suppressor ammo and I use it exclusively now. By far my two most fun weapons I own.
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5284.JPG

IMG_5541.JPG

Get a 22lr BCG for your AR and shoot both? I'm currently running an older Browning Buckmark with a factory threaded barrel. Stay under 5 inches on the barrel if you want bulk 22lr ammo to stay subsonic.
I'd be leary of pushing a .22 through a 5.56 bbl with a can. It's better to have a dedicated upper with a .22lr bbl and just snap it on. Baffle strikes suck no matter who the manufacturer is it's always a disappointing day

My 10/22 and S&W compact .22 are the two hosts I ended up settling on. The 10/22 can be ANYTHING you want it to be, it's a fantastic host in all shapes and sizes. Had it as a tack driving long gun and now it's on a form 1 pending as an SBR with a charger receiver and a shockwave for now.
The S&W .22 compact is one of the few all American made .22 pistols, I have several thousand rounds through mine with zero issues suppressed the whole time. You get to ship it stateside if you ever need warranty work and was NEVER touched by Umarex or likewise. They both are utterly reliable with rimfire (which is always hard to find) and ultra quiet. They gobble up Gemtech Suppressor ammo and I use it exclusively now. By far my two most fun weapons I own.
View attachment 1235747 View attachment 1235748
View attachment 1235753
That 10/22 looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom