• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I finally did it! One Savage model 24 for each of my kids!

kingdaddy3247

Default rank <3000 posts
Voted 87th most handsome guy on the ODT
131   0
Reaction score
! UPDATE (new kid/new gun) and new pictures in the thread below!

I have posted a few times on here all about my love for the savage 24 so I won't go into great detail. Long story short, my Papal had a savage model 24S-E chambered in .22 over 20 gauge. And I LOVED that gun. Growing up I always revered that as the perfect gun (probably because he told me it was). After my Papal passed away some years back, I inherited that model 24 and decided that I would love to have one of the coolest (most perfect) guns ever made to pass down to each of my kids one day. I'll leave the counting to you (if you can't past one hand worth of fingers, you may get confused by the pictures below) to figure out how many kids I have.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have:

.22 over .410
Another .22 over .410
.22 mag over .410
Another .22 over .410
.22 over 20
Another .22 over 20
.222 over 20

What are you collecting for your kids?

If I buy a pistol I'd like to own I try to buy two of them..initially I started buying lever actions..maybe not the same commemorative lever gun but they'll get to pick from a plethora of them when I'm gone..hopefully gone later than sooner.

If I buy a pistol I'd like to own I try to buy two of them..initially I started buying lever actions..maybe not the same commemorative lever gun but they'll get to pick from a plethora of them when I'm gone..hopefully gone later than sooner.

That's a good idea. I think I will pass down most of my collection while I'm still around (old, gray, grumpy etc) so I can hopefully get to see or hear about them enjoying the guns.

Awesome collection
Thanks! I know they are not exactly high end guns or what most would consider "collectibles" but I am pretty proud of them.
Very nice! I've always wanted one of these. 22/410 and 223/12 would be sweet!
One of my .22/.410s is one of the sweetest shooting clay target guns I have ever used. I am not bragging, but I literally almost never miss. It's just a shame that you pay twice the price for half (or less) the round.

My next purchase will hopefully be a .222/20 model 24v and then after that I'm going to hold out until I can find a larger combo like a 223 Remington, .30-30 Winchester, .357 Smith & Wesson Magnum, or .357 Remington Maximum over 20 or 12.

Back
Top Bottom