• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I get so caught up in all the turmoil we create ourselves...

This is a perfect example of a closed mind unwilling to even try to look for explanations that do not fit their narrative. The "no stars in the background" was explained clearly and logically decades ago.

Sunlight reflecting off of close objects without atmosphere is extremely bright and requires powerful filters. Light from the stars is not strong enough to get through the filter.

But you do you. It's not even worth trying.
I watched the Space-X launch with my own eyes from my backyard Sunday night, no HD video needed.
I'm not doubting going into lower earth orbit.

I've loved the space program since the Apollo missions watching on TV when I was a kid.

So were the German V2 rockets imaginary as well?
I was in Nirvana when I went to Kennedy Space Center. I could feel the nostalgia when walking across the same gangplank as the Apolo astronauts. I have seen all the shuttle launches and got goose bumps seeing one in person.

This is a perfect example of a closed mind unwilling to even try to look for explanations that do not fit their narrative. The "no stars in the background" was explained clearly and logically decades ago.

Sunlight reflecting off of close objects without atmosphere is extremely bright and requires powerful filters. Light from the stars is not strong enough to get through the filter.

But you do you. It's not even worth trying.

As an astrophotographer, I can relate to why there are no stars in the background. When I shoot a full moon, no stars will appear in the shot with it. This is beacuse the moon is extremely bright, thus requiring a short exposure time to prevent over exposing it. This exposure time is much to short to even register stars. We are talking 1/400 of a sec vs several seconds of exposure before stars start to register. This scenario would be no different on the surface of the moon.

Back
Top Bottom