• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I GOT A 15 MIN FLIGHT IN A COBRA HELICOPTER

Really cool. My first ride in a Huey was 1958. I was in replacement section waiting to be assigned a unit like many others in the 101st.
They gave us a treat and flew us to the jump school area and we then ran to our assigned unit.

Hope you are doing well!

Which Army fixed wing?
This one

RC-12-Guardrail.jpg

RC-12N

How much cash and did they let you shoot the guns.
$450 FOR THE FULL FLIGHT BUT YOU CAN BUY A HALF FLIGHT. YES I GOT TO PLAY THE WEAPONS SYSTEM AND THE PILOT EVEN RAN US THROUGH A SCENEIRO FROM VIETNAM.

Congrats! Great Pics and Good Times I'm sure!

I got about 1000 hours driving a UH-1H like the one in the photo you posted and a "bootleg" hour or two in a AH-1F. I later transitioned to Army fixed wing, but always sorely missed being a helo pilot. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to it.

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT IT WAS LIKE BACK THEN. MY PILOT SAID HE HAD 22,000 HOURS TOTAL IN ROTATORY AND FIXED WING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

Really cool. My first ride in a Huey was 1958. I was in replacement section waiting to be assigned a unit like many others in the 101st.
They gave us a treat and flew us to the jump school area and we then ran to our assigned unit.

I TOOK A RIDE IN THE HUEY TWO YEARS AGO WHEN THIS GROUP CAME TO ZOMBIE RUN NEAR PERRY GA. IT WAS A BLAST AND I WANTED TO RIDE IN THE COBRA BUT COULD NOT SPARE THE FUNDS AT THAT TIME. SINCE I HAVE BEEN SAVING MY LUNCH MONEY AND FINALLY GOT MY EPIC RIDE CHECKED OFF MY BUCKET LIST. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

FELLOW ODT'S I JUST HAD TO SHARE MY GREAT FIRST SPRING EVENT FOR 2018. I WENT TO THE ARMY AVIATION HERITAGE FOUNDATION AND TOOK A FLIGHT IN A COBRA HELICOPTER, THEY WERE ALSO GIVING HUEY RIDES. THIS IS A GREAT ORGANIZATION AND I WAS HAPPY FOR GIVE THEM SOME CASH!!!

https://armyav.org/

View attachment 1538122
View attachment 1538123
View attachment 1538124
View attachment 1538125
Both Glad and sad to hear that, Glad you had a ride of a life time!! Sad that we are going to have to deal with your head,,so high in the air..Spent a lot of hrs. in a Huey's. Congrats!

Both Glad and sad to hear that, Glad you had a ride of a life time!! Sad that we are going to have to deal with your head,,so high in the air..Spent a lot of hrs. in a Huey's. Congrats!

YES SIR IT WAS A BLAST FOR SURE. I BET YOU DID HAVE TONS OF TIME IN THAT OLD BIRD. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER SOON AND CHAT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

BROTHERS IN BLUE, ALWAYS STAY TRUE!!!

Back
Top Bottom