• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I GOT A 15 MIN FLIGHT IN A COBRA HELICOPTER

Better than nascar

SINCE YOU MENTIONED NASCAR...HERE YOU GO!!! THE AIRCRAFT HANGERS ARE JUST ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY.
IMG_0264.PNG
IMG_0265.PNG

When the military recruiters have their big to do at my workplace each year they bring in a few choppers...Cobra, Apache, etc. out on the show floors...!

So awesome to see them up close. I would love to fly in one.

$450 FOR THE FULL FLIGHT BUT YOU CAN BUY A HALF FLIGHT. YES I GOT TO PLAY THE WEAPONS SYSTEM AND THE PILOT EVEN RAN US THROUGH A SCENEIRO FROM VIETNAM.

I wonder how much they would charge to let you crank off 100 rounds through that 20 Mike Mike chain gun sitting right under your butt? Or maybe punch of a few of those 2.75 rockets or one of those TOW missiles sitting under the wings. I would LOVE to do that, and pay for the upgrade!

Again, awesome pics brother. Thanks for posting them. That looks like a AH-1F you rode in, the last of the AH-1s before the Army transitioned to the AH-64. What a opportunity....good on you!

Did you ever fly out of NAS Cubi Pt. PI?

I wish. "Stationed" at Sigonella, Sicily. Spent most of my time in Bahrain,Egypt, Bosnia, and other locations. We followed the fleet around. We flew out of civilian airports with the exception of Bahrain. Some of the boys from HC-1 came over after they shut down in PI. They told me all about it.

Congrats! Great Pics and Good Times I'm sure!

I got about 1000 hours driving a UH-1H like the one in the photo you posted and a "bootleg" hour or two in a AH-1F. I later transitioned to Army fixed wing, but always sorely missed being a helo pilot. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to it.

Congrats! Great Pics and Good Times I'm sure!

I got about 1000 hours driving a UH-1H like the one in the photo you posted and a "bootleg" hour or two in a AH-1F. I later transitioned to Army fixed wing, but always sorely missed being a helo pilot. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to it.

Just curious, ever fly with Randy Tiezen. I was in the Naval Air Wing but met this guy a few years ago. Deadly. He retired an O-7.

Back
Top Bottom