• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I guess Glock just isn't for me...

haymons22

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
I had a thread a little while back about not shooting my G19 as well as I'd like and I got a lot of good advice. I ended up swapping out the factory sights for a set of Glock night sights. I still tend to shoot a little left with it. I know I can drift the rear sight a little and possibly fix this issue but I think I would rather not have to make these modifications to be able to shoot well. I've had other pistols that I could shoot just fine. I'm thinking it may be time to put the 19 up on the trading block which sucks for me because I have a few holsters and a pretty good supply of mags for it. So I'll have to start all over.

Any suggestions for my next carry pistol?

I guess I should say that the glock 19 just isn't for me. I had a 17 that I shot fine but I don't know how well I could conceal a full size pistol.

Sig, CZ P-01 or P-07, M&P 9. I carry the CZ P-01. It's quite a bit heavier than the G19, so if weight is a concern, it's probably out of the running. I don't have any problems at all concealing it with an IWB holster. I just wear long T-shirts untucked. The CZ P-07 is more in the same weight class as the G19. I love the feel of a CZ in my hand. It just "fits". But, you can't go wrong with a Sig or M&P9 either.

You're dumping the G19 because the sights need adjusted? That's like selling a car because one of the tires is low on air!

True but there could be some psychological stuff as well. Once you decide a gun ain't right for you, you'll hate it regardless...you'll find excuses to get rid of it even if it's the perfect carry pistol. He's making the right choice for him, IMO...a EDC should be one you mentally feel good about, if that makes sense...

You're dumping the G19 because the sights need adjusted? That's like selling a car because one of the tires is low on air!
I'm not completely sure I'm dumping it yet. I could drift the rear sight and likely solve my problem but I do t like having to do that I guess. Silly, I know. I feel like I should be able to pick up a handgun and shoot it it well without having to modify it. I may just drift the sight and keep on trucking lol.

Sig, CZ P-01 or P-07, M&P 9. I carry the CZ P-01. It's quite a bit heavier than the G19, so if weight is a concern, it's probably out of the running. I don't have any problems at all concealing it with an IWB holster. I just wear long T-shirts untucked. The CZ P-07 is more in the same weight class as the G19. I love the feel of a CZ in my hand. It just "fits". But, you can't go wrong with a Sig or M&P9 either.
I've tried the m&p line a time or two. I had a shield that was ok and I had an m&p 40 with a 9mm conversion barrel that was unreliable.

I've never even held a cz.

Back
Top Bottom