• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I guess Glock just isn't for me...

I don't shoot my Glock as well as some other guns but it is a trade off I make because of the interchangeable parts, local service, easily available after market parts, etc. spend a little time with a professional like cmshoot cmshoot and I bet you won't be shooting left any longer.

I don't shoot my Glock as well as some other guns but it is a trade off I make because of the interchangeable parts, local service, easily available after market parts, etc. spend a little time with a professional like cmshoot cmshoot and I bet you won't be shooting left any longer.
I may do that before I decide to trade it off or sell it. It definitely can't hurt.

pistol correction chart_zpsxmcn20sp.jpg

True but there could be some psychological stuff as well. Once you decide a gun ain't right for you, you'll hate it regardless...you'll find excuses to get rid of it even if it's the perfect carry pistol. He's making the right choice for him, IMO...a EDC should be one you mentally feel good about, if that makes sense...

I agree, if your not comfortable with the gun.
You won't be comfortable with it in any situation.

I may do that before I decide to trade it off or sell it. It definitely can't hurt.

True, you'll likely shoot any pistol better. I can shoot lights out with a CZ but they don't make anything I want to carry. The new P-10 may fit the bill but it's not the same setup as say, an SP-01. But most of us spend money on guns that we should spend on training (me included).

True, you'll likely shoot any pistol better. I can shoot lights out with a CZ but they don't make anything I want to carry. The new P-10 may fit the bill but it's not the same setup as say, an SP-01. But most of us spend money on guns that we should spend on training (me included).
Obviously me as well lol. In all seriousness though. I absolutely plan on attending one of cmshoot's trainings this year if at all possible for me.

Not to advocate for Glock but many folks tend to shoot Glocks a bit to the left. It is almost always an issue of grip pressure rather than sight alignment. Something about the "squarish" shape of the grip causes some folks to torque the muzzle left at the end of the trigger pull. Work on your grip pressure and a clean trigger break if you want to keep the Glock...
-have a friend load dummy rounds intermittently in your mags to see if you can catch yourself doing it
-try relaxing your dominant hand and use more support hand grip
Just a thought but hitting left with a Glock is a pretty common prob

I'm not completely sure I'm dumping it yet. I could drift the rear sight and likely solve my problem but I do t like having to do that I guess. Silly, I know. I feel like I should be able to pick up a handgun and shoot it it well without having to modify it. I may just drift the sight and keep on trucking lol.

Adjusting the sights on a handgun is not modifying it. One of the reasons why sights aren't machined integral to the slide is that they usually need adjusted. Nearly every handgun I've ever owned with a "fixed" rear sight had to be adjusted so that it hit POA/POI for me. It's even very possible that the gun hits just fine with one load, but not another.

Back
Top Bottom