• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I guess Glock just isn't for me...

Adjusting the sights on a handgun is not modifying it. One of the reasons why sights aren't machined integral to the slide is that they usually need adjusted. Nearly every handgun I've ever owned with a "fixed" rear sight had to be adjusted so that it hit POA/POI for me. It's even very possible that the gun hits just fine with one load, but not another.
cmshoot's the Man. I don't get it either. I'm far from an expert but no slouch at shootin. If I'm shootin left with any firearm , Imma adjust the sights. my2cents

I was pulling slightly left with my G19 untilI practiced dry firing with it. Those groups tightened up nicely, and quickly. Now it is my favorite carry gun by far.

Try shooting one handed using only your thumb, index and middle finger to see if that changes your POI. If so it means your tightening your fingers during trigger pull

If all you have ever had experience with is other handguns Glocks take time to adjust to. (Grip angle etc) I have had more than one "hotshot" right off active duty get accepted on a DoD or DoS contract then get the boot because they didn't listen during training to me saying now we need to go through the basics of the G19/G17 if they have not before and then run some rounds and a qualifier. "No I qual'ed expert with the Barretta, I'm good"...

Then get a call several days later they were tossed for fitearms FAIL. In most cases once you adjust to it, it's a hard habit to break. Oh and more than one of those drops came and stayed over a week with a couple of cases and 5-8 hours of training for a few days a were able to resubmit their bios and get on with the show after demonstrating via a reputable certified POST instructors qualification letter.

Same with me, nothing against the Glock but it just does not float my boat one bit.
don't care for the hand fit, ergonomics, accuracy for me, the look or much else.
they are pretty reliable weapons and I know several that are big fans but they just don't get my attention at all.

Same with me, nothing against the Glock but it just does not float my boat one bit.
don't care for the hand fit, ergonomics, accuracy for me, the look or much else.
they are pretty reliable weapons and I know several that are big fans but they just don't get my attention at all.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the pistol. I had someone comment with saying that they blame their golf clubs for messing up a shot in golf. I'm not blaming the gun at all. I just don't shoot it as well as I'd like to. I'm going to switch to the VP9 for a bit and see how well it conceals for me and everything and go from there. I definitely shoot it much better. If I can conceal it well enough, then it will be my replacement. I may also try to pick up a gen 4 19 and see if I do better with it.

And on top of all that, I fully intend on getting some proper training at some point this year if it works out to where I am able to.

I guess I should say that the glock 19 just isn't for me. I had a 17 that I shot fine but I don't know how well I could conceal a full size pistol.

Have the 17's grip cut to the 19's length. Then you get the full size slide but the grip length of the compact which is all that sticks out during CC anyway.

The Gen4's with the grip size adjustment and beaver tails allow for some adjustment the Gen 3's don't have. That might help for sure.

Back
Top Bottom