• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I guess I’m too old to be bothered anymore

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
Made a trip to Bass Pro yesterday and was stopped right outside the bathrooms by an employee wanting me to register with a chance to win a store voucher of some sort. I replied “no thanks”. I was asked again when I exited the bathroom to which I again replied “no thanks”. Then the employee proceeded to loudly respond as I was walking away “what’s the matter? You don’t like free money” I started to keep walking but I couldn’t help myself and turned around to talk with the person. I said “i have no problem with free money. What I do have a problem with is getting all the unwanted emails, text massages and postal flyers once you get my information once I register to which I have a very little chance of winning. Then I’m stuck trying to block numbers sending me those never ending text messages, trying to unsubscribe To the emails and adding more junk to my shred pile that I have to dispose of regularly.” Then my grumpy self went on to shop. I know the person was just doing their job but that last statement was uncalled for.

Just as annoying as being asked to sign up for their stupid rewards cards or being asked for your email or phone number while making a purchase. No and NO and **** NO!

I was in Ollies the other day and the guy running the register acted like Tweek on Southpark with his happy smiling overzealous loud self.

Sir do you have a rewards card?
No
Would you like to sign up for one?
No
Are you certain because you get great deals and it only takes a moment and its free?
NO!
Oh, okay well people that initially turn it down tend to come back later and get one.

Listen to me! I don't want your damn card and I'll never get your card so how about you ring my crap up and let me get out of here?
Uh ok you have a good day.

****ing Tweeking moron no is ****ing NO.

At Bass Pro/Cabelas, when they ask if I want to sign up for their credit card, I just say "Sorry, I'm poor" and the awkwardly shut up and avoid eye contact. It's great.
For their chance to win promotions, I just say "Sorry. I don't gamble anymore" and they drop it. Make it as awkward as possible and they won't push it.

Made a trip to Bass Pro yesterday and was stopped right outside the bathrooms by an employee wanting me to register with a chance to win a store voucher of some sort. I replied “no thanks”. I was asked again when I exited the bathroom to which I again replied “no thanks”. Then the employee proceeded to loudly respond as I was walking away “what’s the matter? You don’t like free money” I started to keep walking but I couldn’t help myself and turned around to talk with the person. I said “i have no problem with free money. What I do have a problem with is getting all the unwanted emails, text massages and postal flyers once you get my information once I register to which I have a very little chance of winning. Then I’m stuck trying to block numbers sending me those never ending text messages, trying to unsubscribe To the emails and adding more junk to my shred pile that I have to dispose of regularly.” Then my grumpy self went on to shop. I know the person was just doing their job but that last statement was uncalled for.
What he said!

Just tell them you are on a work release program and are playing hookey by shopping there for ammo. So if you sign up it will tell the authorities where you are. They get so shocked most don't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom