• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I had a primer go off on the press

bulletpaluza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
263   0
Reaction score
Last night.

I never thought it would happen. I've loaded tens of thousands of rounds and have really squished some up in the process (it happens) and never set one off.

Last night priming 223 brass, everything was going smooth all cases were de-swaged nothing out of the ordinary. (I was priming on my rock chucker single stage.) Then POW! primer detonation! I did run that piece of brass through the sizeing/decspping die and re-primed it, primer went smooth just like the rest of them. I have no clue what happen?

As luck would have it I put on my eye protection on about ten pieces before this, admittedly I don't usually were eye pro when priming on the press only when hand priming so that was lucky I should have had ear pro on too! It was loud!

Anyway guys it can happen becareful.

Last night.

I never thought it would happen. I've loaded tens of thousands of rounds and have really squished some up in the process (it happens) and never set one off.

Last night priming 223 brass, everything was going smooth all cases were de-swaged nothing out of the ordinary. (I was priming on my rock chucker single stage.) Then POW! primer detonation! I did run that piece of brass through the sizeing/decspping die and re-primed it, primer went smooth just like the rest of them. I have no clue what happen?

As luck would have it I put on my eye protection on about ten pieces before this, admittedly I don't usually were eye pro when priming on the press only when hand priming so that was lucky I should have had ear pro on too! It was loud!

Anyway guys it can happen becareful.
B, sir, glad you're ok. Scary! Happy trails and may God bless America.

Back
Top Bottom