• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I had this weird dream last night..............

When is it OK to shoot someone in the back?

• Never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When the situation dictates. I will explain below.

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • /Sigh.......................Tacos.

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
You need to work on your reaction times, in your dreams.
proven fun fact... you have the drop on someone,you are holding them at gunpoint. they can raise a gun from thier side and shoot you,before you can pull the trigger. when they move,you process it and before you know what they did,you are shot...

Bypass- if the intruder does not appear to be armed and is not aware of you, is not attacking you, has not made any threats against you, and he us just a burglar in your home... you can't shoot him in the back. Even if you don't get convicted, you're almost certainly going to be arrested and charged. You'll be 3 years older and $50,000 to $100,000 poorer when the experience is over.

If the intruder is armed but just doesn't see you I think you are justified in assuming that he's an immediate danger to you and would shoot you on sight. So in your dreams, go ahead and pop him in the back, or the back of his head, without warning.

Now if the intruder is only "armed" with a gun that he's got tucked under his arm or slung over his shoulder and it looks like he's trying to steal it rather than carry it at the ready to use as a weapon, THEN perhaps you might not have a green light to open fire at that moment .

Poopdaddy--

Thanks for posting that video. I've always heard that "action is faster than reaction."
However, in that video you posted the fact that the "bad guy" is standing way off to the side and is only using a tiny little bit of wrist movement to fire the gun from hip level makes this an unfair and unrealistic exercise. Bad guys don't shoot cops that way; they bring the gun up and point it from at least mid-torso level.

And bad guys aren't standing several feet to the cop's side when the cop is looking directly forward. This kind of drill should be done with both men facing each other . Use Simunitions, or Airsoft guns. The bad guy should be directly in front of the cop just like it would be in the real life application.

Back
Top Bottom