• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I had to 'defend' my home.

My wife had a ND in our car that flew by my face and landed an arm hair away from my elbow in the driver door. She's disqualified. Genuinely. Not everybody is mature enough for firearms. And she does not have a mentality of "maybe bad will happen." She's the type of person who doesn't take fire alarms seriously and stuff like that.

Glory to God. But I didn't sleep well for days after just thinking how scattered I was. I buried a nailboard by the kids windsill afterwards.

Delete your last post amigo

Brother deserves an ass whipping for sure after that... 3AM and popping sounds outside my kids windows would put me in full self defense mode too. Especially if I had been in a deep sleep.

I can't say how I would have done in that situation either though. Glad you didn't shoot through the window.

Next time either shoot bro in the nutz or something similar. Other than walking outside without knowing what/who was going on, sounds like you did ok.
I would think about the live fire training previously suggested, if you are really bothered about it.
And dont rely on wife to do ****....grab the phone yourself AFTER stuff settles if needed....or talk to her about helping you out when you ask.

It is so easy for someone to pass judgment on what should and what shouldn't have been done In the Heat of the Moment. There are people in this thread who are trained in combat scenarios, and like many people on here there are just Average Joe's trying to protect what is theirs.
This was definitely a lesson not only for you but for someone like myself.

Back
Top Bottom