• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I HATE a thief...

Great! Hopefully he'll plead guilty since he posted all the evidence they need on Facebook.

They set up a buy and arrested him after he sold them some of the stolen stuff. Then they executed a warrant to search his house and found more stuff there. Guessing (hoping) a not guilty plea isn’t an option since they set up the buy and he sold them some of stolen goods first.

Update?
Has he made any friends in jail yet?

I have a good source, and what I've been told is that he spent his first few weeks in jail in medical ward. Apparently coming off heroin (or something with similar withdrawal characteristics) in jail is tough. He is now in general population and awaiting his hearing date. I've heard that could be up to 2yrs away, but seems excessive to me so we will just have to wait and see. Good news is none of his family has posted his bail, so hopefully he will be allowed to spend his entire wait leading up to sentencing behind bars. I haven't heard if he has a boy friend yet, but I'm holding out hope...LOL!! I'm planning on either speaking at the sentencing, if I'm allowed, or at least submitting a letter on behalf of our family asking the judge to make an example of him and not to go easy on him.

In other news, I had a contractor come out last week and look at the house to work up a quote for what it would cost to fix the roof leak and repair the damages this crack head and his buddies caused when breaking in. Been giving lots of thought to moving into the old house myself. Think it would be pretty special to be the 5th generation of the family to live in the house and to keep it up for future generations. Would be a long term project to get there from here but it's really pulling at my heart strings right now, so time will tell.

Truth here,

If you write a personal letter to the DA, and the assistant DA about the facts of the case, how much the stuff meant to your family, now torn up every one is, and ask to make a witness impact statement, IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Ask to be advised of any hearing dates.

DA is just like anyone else, stands up a little straighter when someone is looking over his shoulder.

In other news, I had a contractor come out last week and look at the house to work up a quote for what it would cost to fix the roof leak and repair the damages this crack head and his buddies caused when breaking in. Been giving lots of thought to moving into the old house myself. Think it would be pretty special to be the 5th generation of the family to live in the house and to keep it up for future generations. Would be a long term project to get there from here but it's really pulling at my heart strings right now, so time will tell.
You mentioned the house and property belonged to a relative. Are they letting you take it since you want to actually maintain it?

You mentioned the house and property belonged to a relative. Are they letting you take it since you want to actually maintain it?

Wanted to get an idea how much it would cost to fix a few things before approaching her about buying it, but that’s the plan. Not putting my $$ into it if it’s not mine.

Good idea. Hopefully they would prefer selling it to someone who would fix it. If they left it abandoned for 10 years they probably don't want to fool with it! They definitely aren't getting money from the thief.

Been quite a while since I have any new news to share, but that all changed yesterday. Got a call yesterday morning letting me know that the second of the three guys responsible for these burglaries, Andy Morris, has now been arrested and is in jail. This guy has already served time, and is currently on probation, for breaking and entering and burglary from 4-5 years ago when he first broke into this same house. No one said criminals are smart people! Anyhow, hoping they will catch the third guy sooner that later so we can move on to the next chapter of this adventure.

Back
Top Bottom